Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

pyle plmca40 radio?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Grizz 
#1 ·
Was getting a cheap radio for my Mav. and was looking at the kicker amp and a couple wake tower speakers but it would be a few hudred dollars for that. The pyle setup on ebay is 86.00 for the am/fm/aux 300w amp and two roll bar mounted 150w bullet speakers with remote and wiring. Not needing a system for everyone to hear, just me and the passenger. Anyone hear of how this system might do for loudness on the trail.

#2 ·
With only 2 3inch speakers I highly doubt you will hear it clearly while driving.

#5 ·
The thing you must really look at is the input power wire size / fuse. If it is only 10 amps there is very little chance it can produce 300 watts.

#6 ·
So how do u have urs hooked up to produce what u have? Its made for bikes,atvs,snowmobiles soi think it would be load enough. How is this different than a kicker amp and wake tower speakers?

#7 ·
Pyle and other cheap brands use power output as a selling point. They claim PEAK power as the what it produces, which is true to an extent. PEAK power only lasts for a split second as it is initially turned on, what you want to really look at when shopping for stereo equipment is the RMS or Continuous power it is putting out at a certain voltage rating. Most radios and amps are going to be rated at 14.4 volts.

My advice would be to stay away from your cheaper brands if at all possible and buy nothing from Walmart.

Only real lower priced brand I would even consider would be something like Pioneer or Sony. Other than that, spend the extra coin now and sleep better later.

#9 ·
So what watt amp would be good and could I use Bluetooth for the iphone on any amp? 100w kicker amp with 50w wake speakers? any advise would help. just want to listen to music on the trail and hear it clearly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.