Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XRC that is about 3" too long and won't fit in my toyhauler on one side due to hitting something in the kitchen. Would it hurt the differential if I fab up a way to put a small donut tire on one front side so as to run it in and out of the hauler? Or will this damage it or something else? I would be in 2wd of course. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have an XRC that is about 3" too long and won't fit in my toyhauler on one side due to hitting something in the kitchen. Would it hurt the differential if I fab up a way to put a small donut tire on one front side so as to run it in and out of the hauler? Or will this damage it or something else? I would be in 2wd of course. Thanks guys!
Sounds like a PAIN in the ass, but I don’t see how it’d hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I apologize if I didn't clarify properly and appreciate everyone's help. My car is 3" too long and I can't close my rear door because the front tire runs into the kitchen stove. So I wanted to make up for the 3" by putting on this smaller diameter donut I have. I checked dimensions and that will work but wasn't sure if I make a way to mount the donut to the front left if I would hurt anything. This would possibly be because of the difference in the size of the other front tire (30" Liberty).

Or if the car is not in 4wd, would the massive difference of size between the two front tires be rough on something?

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Ahh front tire and length issue.

Now i would remove valve core on that tire and load it up, then air back up when unloaded. Easier to add air then swap a tire.

If you really didnt want it to touch the stove, you could Put a rubber door mat between the two.

You could also remove the oven door and you might not need to do anything. Those door just pull up and off the arms I believe. Ask your Sam I have maker, she should know all about cleaning the kitchen. If she dont then your sammich maker is broken and you need to trade her in for a younger model.

·
Administrator
2,302 Posts
Cut a circular piece of plywood same diameter as other front tire, drill your 4 lug holes and center, and bolt it on for loading... should save many inches on just that one side needed.

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts
Cut a circular piece of plywood same diameter as other front tire, drill your 4 lug holes and center, and bolt it on for loading... should save many inches on just that one side needed.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
He said he has a length issue not a width issue. Reduced tire diameter is the solution.
Two stock non-beadlock wheels and two rubber band tires should get you the 3" you need.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Install buggy into toyhauler upside down, roof side down, rubber side up, winch it in, then winch it out, probably have a bit more room at the ceiling for the tires....

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Plywood is not a good Ideal for several reasons. I suggest buying a cheep rim and a 24" diameter tire to fit and be good to go.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought a cheap rim and just rim it in on that. Been doing it for a couple years no problem so i doubt you would have any.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
A flat tire as Mega stated would be the easiest and give you the few inches you need. Why make it more complicated with changing out tires.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A flat tire as Mega stated would be the easiest and give you the few inches you need. Why make it more complicated with changing out tires.
Its faster for me. I dont like flattening the tire before pulling in and doing it after sucks because you have to kinda climb over between the tire and wall. I dont have a portable tank so inflating takes a bit with a small compressor,
Im not sure how complicated changing a tire is...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts