Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, does anyone knows is there a different type of push pins that can be used instead of the original plastic Push Pins, that take too much time to be removed to get to the CVT box?
I had an idea to use the Quick Release Pins that are 8mm diameter and 10mm long, but they are too expensive around 40-60$ each, or to weld a metal sheet on each hole from inside drill it and to use just a screw.
Can you recommend me something if someone has been trough that already.
China_O_handle_quick_release_pin_ball_lock_pin_self_lock_pin201110111608522.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
Zeus fasteners would probably work

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
Push pin pliers seem fairly effective to me. I'm not saying there isn't a better idea but it hasn't been a major issue using the push pin pliers. Jmho. Tim

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Ford makes a dart that opens with a 1/4 turn . My BRP darts bust lots because dirt gets in them and then they stick and break . I have seen the Ford style on Yamaha and they open when dirty . But they are about a buck each .
This is the best I found with lots of research on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yep, the remover works well for the plastic push pins but like the others I would like a better alternative for the cvt cover. Hate takin that off and putting back on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got one of these off amazon and it works great. Can have all my center plastics out in just a couple minutes.
That's the same one I use. Works great

·
Registered
488 Posts
if someone could cut the bottom 1/4 off of the CVT cover and make a joint you could bolt the two haves back together. it would save time to not remove the bottom bolts

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you get your clutch setup right.. You really shouldn't need to access the CVT system that much. Am I missing something?

Reactions: stevehazelwood

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
If you get your clutch setup right.. You really shouldn't need to access the CVT system that much. Am I missing something?
Will you be serving any Kool Aid with that? :smile:

Rubber bands don't like the sand dunes regardless of what clutch you have. Tim

·
Registered
274 Posts
LOL.. Love the response Timesic.. Better be some good COOL AID huh..:wink:. You raise a good point! I'm not a big dune rider which is why I left the ignorance open ended with asking am I missing something.

I love the idea of a better quick release setup, which I would likely buy myself. However, it seems like a solid solution hasn't really jumped out so far. Which is why I think I would be focusing on trying to keep my belt in tact with clutching and I really enjoy the little bit of comfort I get with my razorback gauge as well.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
The two seaters at the dunes seem to go long periods while the 4 seaters less miles for sure. I have a feeling if someone doesn't run the dunes they could make a belt last quite a while. Tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
For the clutch cover I think it would be possible to get the bolts with wings on it and a washer with a couple of o rings, I'd be willing to bet you could tighten them almost to spec by hand

·
Registered
55 Posts
The two seaters at the dunes seem to go long periods while the 4 seaters less miles for sure. I have a feeling if someone doesn't run the dunes they could make a belt last quite a while. Tim
I dont run in the dunes at all and have blown a few belts already. Time to spend some cash into the clutches!! :money::wink:

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
I dont run in the dunes at all and have blown a few belts already. Time to spend some cash into the clutches!! :money::wink:
I should have clarified that response was meant to apply to the XDS units.

Tim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts