Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The 2" mount fits all 1st Gen Mavericks with stock cages and they're sold as a pair, and the X3 requires the 1.75" clamp. Please make sure to view all drop down menus before ordering.

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
The 2" mount fits all Mavericks with stock cages and they're sold as a pair. Please make sure to view all drop down menus before ordering.
I like these mirrors, and love the drop down menu, LOL! As soon as I go home and measure the UTV Inc cage, you'll be hearing from me. I hope it isn't bigger than 2".

Reactions: KB Motorsports

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you guys buy these for the new X3, make sure you contact us to get the correct shim package for them.
Jody
Seizmik UTV
Jody, I called and confirmed these 2" mirrors worked on the X3 before posting the thread. We have customers using these in the field without special shims? I remember one random person on facebook said they wouldn't work, so I called back to double check. I just assumed the dealer he went through sent the wrong mounts by mistake after the 2nd confirmation from your employee. I'd like to speak directly with you tomorrow to send everyone free shims who ordered these mirrors from us for an X3. I'd like to prevent any future problems before they happen.

Take care

Update: After further testing we recommend the 1.75" clamp to all X3 owners with the stock cage for a snug fit.

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
I used the shims that came with it for a 1.75 cage. No problems, mirrors tight. Am I missing something?

P.S. Love the mirrors!

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
I put the thick rubber pad inside the block area, and per the diagram, the other pad with the sticky on it in the curved area. I have no complaints. Mirrors are solid on the cage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hollywood,
Your not missing anything, some people are running the mirrors on their X3 with the 1.75" clamp and they seem to be happy. I happen to like the way the 2" clamp fits when using it with the 1.75" shim pack. There isn't a right or a wrong, they both work.

I used the shims that came with it for a 1.75 cage. No problems, mirrors tight. Am I missing something?

P.S. Love the mirrors!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also if you have the UTV Inc. cage yours should be 1.75" and the stock X3 is 1.85 or 1.875. So the mirrors you have are def. the correct fit for your cage.
Thanks
Jody

P.S. Love the mirrors!

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
Also if you have the UTV Inc. cage yours should be 1.75" and the stock X3 is 1.85 or 1.875. So the mirrors you have are def. the correct fit for your cage.
Thanks
Jody
Yeah, I get that, but the owner came on and said there might be a potential problem with mounting. I was saying I didn't have any, what was the problem?

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Yeah I think it's the best spot for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
When I had the crap factory mirrors mounted there I found myself banging my head on em when getting out. Also seemed to be in the way when getting in.

I prefer the Pursuits down lower.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The discount code is in the drop down menu, and we now recommend the 1.75" clamps for the x3 models to achieve a very snug fit. The original Maverick and Commander models owners need the 2" clamp.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts