Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice (to convince my wife to go with the XRS over an XDS :))

Here are my options:

2019 X3 Max XRS Turbo R Demo Unit with 5 miles (was in a parade)- $27,099.99
add windshield, back net, cargo box, and Rock sliders total comes out to be ~$28,500.00
Red, Silver, gold
5Hr drive from my house

2019 X# Max XDS Turbo R (New)- $25,099.99
add windshield, back net, cargo box, Rock sliders, harnesses, roof, [skid plates?????] total comes out to be ~$27,800.00
2hr drive from my house
Platinum and Black

Accessories very between dealers due to % discounts that they offer if purchased when machine is purchased, Also, one dealership offers free installation if it is not electrical.

To me, this is a no brainier. The XRS all the way. My wife thinks differently. She wants to save the difference in money and is arguing that the 64 inch will have more maneuverability down the trails as well as the color being better looking. It will also be a little easier to fit in a toy hauler RV... Any help with a few questions will help me sway her opinion. This is our first time with a 4 seater.

We are Idaho locals at the St. Anthony sand dunes and Idaho Desert. We ride with others that have 64 inch machines so the 50 inch trails have never really been an option. We occasionally trip to MOAB UT, Mesquite NV, Paradise Valley ID and Sand Hollow UT.

First Question- Any missing accessories that are necessary? My 2 year old will be in a ca sear in the back seat for easy rides. (I'll take car of Flags, Whips, and light bars)

Second Question- Does the XDS already comes with skid plates? They are not listed on the builder on can-am's website as being included yet on the printed specs sheet they are. Anyone know for sure? Definitely want the skid plates for the small amount of crawling we do and being new to the 4 seater.

Third Question- Any predicted difference on slick rock crawling between the 64 in and 72 in machines? We are new to crawling, we started last year. It is scary for my wife and she is worried that the 72 inch will not follow the same lines as the 64 inch machines. I keep telling her that it makes it better but I dont really know. Give me a break, I'm innocent haha.

Fourth Question- Anyone hauling it in an RV? has it been challenging to find one with a 14ft garage or squeezing it between the 72inch wheel wells?

Pictures of your XRS's will help if you have them :)

Thanks,

Carson M.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
1 question: Yes they all have skid plates

2 Yes they are missing everything you want, think of them as a skeleton you get to make in your own image. radio system headsets, lights, lower doors, spare tire and rack, particle separator, dome lights, dyno jet tuner, IR belt temp gauge, etc...etc...etc....

3 XRS will be less likely to roll. When you look at rock crawlers or guys who have taken suzuki's and build a rock crawler they do not leave them stock width, they put much wider axles on them. Wider is always better for rocks, trails, sand, mountains, wider is just better. Why do you think Polaris had to come out with a quick 72" car? because can am was walking all over them in sales because they were the only option. Now that Polaris has one can am is still walking all over them because it was a pathetic bandage on the fire starters known as RZR

4 if you are looking used it is hard to find a 14 foot garage, however there are plenty of toy haulers out there that will haul a 72 just fine if you are not set on a separate garage. I just picked up a 35' weekend warrior that fits my XRS max just fine and I can put a quad in the kitchen.

Bottom line is you will find lots of people who have 64" cars that now regret it and want a 72. I have never met a person who has the 72 and wishes they had the 64" 64" is old school and with a price difference you are talking about it is a no brainier. You will get the factory 4 point harnesses, plastic roof that the 64 does not come with, 30" tires that are all the same size so one spare fits all four tires on the car. You will go to a 32" at some point as most people do. Just look up how much it would cost you to upgrade a 64 to a 72 and it is about a 10k difference, that is what you are saving.

·
Premium Member
10,445 Posts
You don't say what the price is of the silver / gold / red. No offense to you wife, but she's wrong to want the 64". Especially if you're doing St. Anthony's. The better suspension is reason enough. The width will make it more stable than the 64" model. Either model, you will have to get your suspension worked on by the shock tuner. Do a search on how many members after buying a 64" want to upgrade parts to make it a 72".

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was in the same boat as you last year and ended up buying the 72 RS. I absolutely could not be happier with my decision! Your wife will be much happier with the ride in the RS and you wont have to regret buying an inferior machine every time you walk into your garage. No brainer, get the 72 RS for sure!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I vote RS! As per all of the above. IMO, if you are a local by St. Anthony's then 72" is the logical choice. Main reason I purchased mine was for better stability.

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
Ask her if she likes rolling over and over, narrow car= going slow or better chance of rolling, you defiantly want an rs
its just a better all around car , so unless you mainly ride where it is restricted to narrow cars you dont want 1. Its a safty issue you will have your kid in there you need a tank for protection the price difference is nill

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Buy a 72" turbo model or live with buyers remorse everytime you get left behind, eating others roost.

Don't waste your $$$ on aftermarket accessories at the Stealership, you can find better stuff much cheaper from vendors on this forum or on the Interweb. Keep your wallet handy, you'll easily drop another $10K just in creature comforts and safety upgrades.

Only deal with the Stealerships owner or GM. If you're dealing with a sales person you'll end up paying at least a couple thousand in unnecessary commissions. If your in the Arizona area I can hook you up with an owner that will sell you any model for less than MSRP, out the door. Zero commissions.

Don't fall for ANYTHING the finance department will try and sell you. You can get an extended warranty (if intrested) from a vendor on this forum and other places for less than half what the Stealership will charge you. The only thing you should say while sitting at the Finance department (Producer's) desk is, No, No, No. Where do I sign.

If your located in Arizona, send me a PM and I have hook ups on new cars & trailers.

Good luck, Enjoy this adventure and even6the ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your wanting the bone stock prices, $27,099.99 for the silver red and gold XRS and $25,000.00 for the XDS Black and platinum grey. Definitely both good deals

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
Are those out the door ?

·
Premium Member
10,445 Posts
If your wanting the bone stock prices, $27,099.99 for the silver red and gold XRS and $25,000.00 for the XDS Black and platinum grey. Definitely both good deals
OTD? Where?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both deals are within a 4 hour drive of Idaho Falls ID and just a few hours from SLC UT.

Not Out the Door on those two machines. The $27,099.99 had $450 of fees. It was for a demo unit with 8 miles on it. The Silver Black and Gold XRS. I went with a different dealer for $27,300 OTD Black XRS. The $25,000.00 was an XDS and has a $100 paper fee is all so still a good deal.

The XRS was in Evanston WY and may still be there. Here is the Link. https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/55153813

The Black XDS was in Alpine WY and this is their site. https://www.starvalleyski-doo.com/

Both where good guys and would be easy to work with.

I went with a dealer who is a friend of a friend so I dont know if the deal can spread out. I'll check and let you guys know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts