Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I'm in process of purchasing Maverick 1000 mr and dealer listed processing fee, handling fee and freight. Did anyone else get hit with these charges.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Just curious. I'm in process of purchasing Maverick 1000 mr and dealer listed processing fee, handling fee and freight. Did anyone else get hit with these charges.
Dealer here doesn't charge for those. As michigan_mav said, negotiate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just walked in said I want to pay this out the door with sales tax and everything so they wavied all the fees depends how bad they want to sell it

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya freight and shipping of sxs they try hitting u for around 500 each

·
Registered
211 Posts
The first dealer I talked with wanted to charge me all of that. I went to the next dealer down the road and he discounted all of that and then some.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here in on the quebec side we are hit with preparation fee and mine was 1490$ it's just crazy :(

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You need to make sure they want to sell it to you more than you want to buy from them. Keeps your negotiating power.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You should just ask for the out the door price instead of worrying about the fees. You will get a better apple to apple comparison on cost from dealer to dealer. You could have one dealer have no fees but has a high out the door price and another dealer charge a bunch of fees but their out the door price is lower.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
otd price is all that matters then tell them what you will give and not a dime more, and don't give a dime more, walk out and move on to next, of course you got to be reasonable on your price in doing that OTD

·
Registered
150 Posts
nope

·
Registered
143 Posts
You should just ask for the out the door price instead of worrying about the fees. You will get a better apple to apple comparison on cost from dealer to dealer. You could have one dealer have no fees but has a high out the door price and another dealer charge a bunch of fees but their out the door price is lower.

This. If you call some dealers they will sucker you in with a good price and when you get there they start adding in freight, prep, etc. Only talk in OTD price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I bought mine the total came out to be in the 23 neighborhood so I put 20k cash on the desk and they took it. OTD price is all that matters.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts