Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, excited to have a reason to join! I just ordered a 2021 RC Turbo RR and have a month to dig around here for all the tips and tricks that I can learn. I’ll be paying particular attention to the dos and don’ts posted by you all until I can contribute some of my own.

With that said, the one burning question I have is if anyone knows the stock centre to centre dimension of the front and rear tires (width, not wheelbase). The dealer doesn’t have one on the floor that I can measure and the info seems to be hard to find online. I bought a new trailer and I want to mount E Track for securing the tires of the Maverick to the deck rather than compressing the suspension while hauling. I was thinking it would also allow alternate positioning fore or aft to allow for other toys/supplies without the straps interfering with valuable floor space.

Any thoughts or comments would would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
12,660 Posts
Well, well, well, Drock from Wildcat Forums? Welcome from Tucson AZ. Thought you fell off the face of the earth? Or froze in a Canadian winter. Good to see you again!

Couple of tips / hints is the front end is suspect. Be in your best interest to look at some of the threads here. Shock brace, gusset kit, and lower a arms, or the Extreme Taco kit you'll probably need, along with rear radius rods. Black Friday is just around the corner too!

·
Registered
610 Posts
anyone knows the stock centre to centre dimension of the front and rear tires (width, not wheelbase)
Should be about 61". I don't have a 21, but I do have a 72" car. I can throw a tape measure on it to be sure,,, but I've measured the factory (fox tuned) width with factory Bighorns/wheels at it was right at 71". (it was a tad wider pre Fox-tune)

The Bighorns are about 10" wide,,, so 5" off each side to get tire center/center puts it right around 61". Individual ride heights will change it a tad,,, but I wouldn't think enough to matter with E-track. I set my track up for my old RZR and never changed it. E-track is not under the center of the tires, but it ties down just fine with bonnets regardless. YMMV

And Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Swapped the OEM wheel/bighorns back on today getting ready for V-day weekend. Mine measures right at 60" tire center/center.

I run at 16.5" ride height (with the OEM wheel/Bighorns mounted). Measured mine at the rear,,, ,your fronts will be skinnier than my 19, but center/center should be the same since the front/rear OEM wheel offset is the same. (I think)

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome! Sorry to disappoint Hollywood, must have been a different Drock over at Wildcat. This is the only off-road forum I’ve joined (Eggheaed and Amazingribs are the only others I’m on).

It took me a bit to get back here, Wednesday/Thursday I made an 1800km, 1100 mile trip to pick up a hauler for the X3. It’s a 14’ Load Trail tandem in great shape that is high enough not to drag the ass end getting to the places we like to camp and ride, now drive (yes Odyknuck, when it arrives). It’s short enough that I could B-Train it and get both the RV and the X3 with one truck. I just have to weld a couple 2-1/2 X 1 HSS supports on the gate/ramp.

I managed to get the E Track installed before the crap weather came. Thanks X3 Poor for the dimensions and taking the time to measure. By the time I got back from my excursion, my dealer called another that had the X3 RC on the floor and he measured 72-3/8” outside.

I love tacos, I‘ll check on Tuesday if they can deliver an Extreme order to Canada. I’ll be scouring to forum for braces, gussets, rods & mods.

Thanks again.

Ran out of screws, but the bolts to the frame are are in.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Congratulations

Welcome from wherever our truck parks our home for the night.
Wagon Wheel OHV

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ran out of screws, but the bolts to the frame are are in
If it's anything like my E-track install,,, you will need more back bracing than you think. I put MANY bracing plates on the back side of the wood to keep the Track from flexing. Still not enough. When you start ratcheting on the straps, the track WILL flex unless it is supported/braced directly under/at the tie down location. Also,,,, when you tighten the securing bolts, the E-track will imbed itself into the wood a bit, which will decrease the gap between the wood and the Track just enough to make the Track specific tie down's "difficult" to install/remove without some "persuasion".

If I were to do it over gain,,, I would install a thin metal plate on top of the wood, (similar to the bracing plates they sell for this track) then the E-track on top of that to maintain the correct spacing. Irregularities in the wood surface and pulling the track into the wood combine to make securing things with the track a PITA some times.

At least that was my experience.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Poor,

I went over the install and added extra bolts through the wood with 1"x1/4"x 8" flat steel under the boards. The E-track is now bolted at 1'-0" spacing with 2"x12 screws filling the gaps. I'll definitely be watching the track when I strap the tires when I get to pick the X3 up. I still have 6 D rings if the track needs more.

I appreciate the input, better now than later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts