Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after selling my beloved Teryx and cruising around here for a bit I went and done it!! Pick up my white/red xxc on Monday. When I read can am was releasing a 60" mav with qe diff I figured this was machine for me. I was really hoping kawie would have stepped it up a lil more with there new 2 seater or Yamaha as I had a rhino before the Teryx and I was pretty happy with both machines. Rhino was uber reliable and the Rex was just a straight up tank that plowed up and over anything in its path. Look forward to my new Mav. Really hope the qe diff is sufficient as my other cars had selectable diff lock which was nice.Let the mod madness start all over again!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
After a few hours of seat time on the Mav, everything else will be a distant memory......ride it like you stole it but read up and educate yourself with the common issues to watch out for and yes, they are money pits if you are like most of us who can't leave them well enough alone and have to modify them :wink:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Congrats

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
You have width restrictions? Just wondering why you went with 60" and not 64"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats eez! I remember u on the Teryx forums. I've owned some modded Teryxs also. Just sold my RZR 4 yesterday and about to purchase a two seat maverick myself. In fact I just looked at a white xxc yesterday. Probably going to buy it this week. So have u rode the xxc at all yet?? Just wondering about ur initial impressions??

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have width restrictions? Just wondering why you went with 60" and not 64"
Will be better for tight woods riding I do, and I'll still be scraping trees. Def gonna need some beefed up tie rods and gusset kit. Was hoping to see that new 50" cat is supposed to release but couldn't wait any longer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats eez! I remember u on the Teryx forums. I've owned some modded Teryxs also. Just sold my RZR 4 yesterday and about to purchase a two seat maverick myself. In fact I just looked at a white xxc yesterday. Probably going to buy it this week. So have u rode the xxc at all yet?? Just wondering about ur initial impressions??
Pick it up Monday, will def report back

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yeah I remember seeing you a couple of times on the Teryx forum even though I wasn't there much. I can tell you I don't miss my Teryx at all. These machines are a blast! I do miss all the bed storage though but I forget about it when I mash the skinny pedal on the Mav.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I remember seeing you a couple of times on the Teryx forum even though I wasn't there much. I can tell you I don't miss my Teryx at all. These machines are a blast! I do miss all the bed storage though but I forget about it when I mash the skinny pedal on the Mav.
Ya the bed will be missed for sure. I actually looked at the commander pretty hard but couldn't leave all that extra HP in the showroom floor.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I also ran a highly modified Teryx and the Mav is still better. The stock power and torque is just stupid good. So I think you will not be disappointed with the Mav. Like some others guys have said, with more seat time you will love it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also ran a highly modified Teryx and the Mav is still better. The stock power and torque is just stupid good. So I think you will not be disappointed with the Mav. Like some others guys have said, with more seat time you will love it.
ya I remember you from rex forums, didn't you go with trp 880 kit?? then it seems not long after that you ended up with mav anyway. I was watching that thread and watching you jump ship may have played a small roll in my decision lol. I had BKP standard bore which ran pretty good but was still getting handled by xp's. Just couldn't have that anymore so hope the mav fits the bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts