Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving my buddies 2018 X3 X rc Turbo R in Anza Borrego last weekend, I was hooked. Opted for the 120hp, 64" version due to budget and deep discount on last remaining 2018 unit. Picking it up later this week.

Adding the aluminum roof, front intrusion bars, lower door panels and 4-point harnesses.

Any thoughts or advice on the following accessories:
- Spare tire and holder
- Particle separator
- Head and neck restraint
- Forced air system

Mostly plan to desert ride in Stoddard Wells, Lake Arrowhead and Anza Borrego.

Looking forward to joining the X3 money pit club!

·
Premium Member
12,176 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. Look into setting up your suspension, and greasing your wheel bearings before anything else. Plenty of threads on it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I like my CanAm pivoting tire rack.
I also like my particle separator though it's pretty noisy.
Get some trailing arm guards (Rockblox or whatever) and loose the mud scrapers on the rear calipers.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Particle separator. some LED's if you are planning any night rides. If you can not afford nice ones cheap ones are better than just running stock.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Welcome to the forum. First thing I'd suggest is to get to know your machine. Brand new ? Consider dropping the factory synthetic oil and replace with break in oil. I dropped initially, dropped at about 200 miles, at 500 miles will replace with Amsoil.
Check your differentials, air filter (some have reported the air filter is still in a plastic bag). Purchase a shop manual (https://brpmanuals.com [$24.95] or $100+ at the stealership). Purchase a wheel bearing grease adapter (use it immediately) and while you have the grease gun out find and lube all of the grease zerks.
Breaking in your belt is job #1 (research thread). Breaking in your engine is secondary.
I'm sure I've forgotten a few steps but I acquired my knowledge from the historical posts, threads and forum members who offered their suggestions and experiences whenever I've requested assistance.
Just like back in my motocross days, I spend as much time maintaining my ride as much as I do pushing the car to its limits. Goes hand in hand.
Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the madness.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. The mod list will be endless...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts