Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was running about 20mph when the trail had a small wash out, I didnt think it hit that hard but I guess it was hard enough. Also bent the tie rod.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Crazy , I was flying today and came across a wash out also - 2' deep - 2' wide thought I was done , and I didn't even feel it ! Besides the suspension working great , I think the utvinc gusset kit and turnkey tie rods saved it lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You cant beat how smooth it is for sure, even when it fell off I didnt feel it I seen the tire going the wrong way. I had the same thing happen on my XP but I did hit a pretty big rock on the XP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There ain't much holding those a arms in at all. I am building my own custom weld on gussets that will beef that bull$hit up. I can't believe how weak they are stock

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You think maybe the tires had anything to do with it?
Im sure the extra size and weight of the tires had alot to do with it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking if I can keep my tires on I won't really need a winch...

·
Registered
216 Posts
NC Powersports installed my chassis braces with the stock winch setup. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371238905.340287.jpg

I hit a tree at the last national and trashed all four front arms, but the chassis brace never moved. This thing is stout. Stronger than the competition.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I got two of em from turnkey and stacked em together.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got two of em from turnkey and stacked em together.
You don't have to do that with mine. I've removed two damaged Turn Key Chassis braces and made frame repairs. The Turn Key ones don't seem to hold up. The bends in ours are farther from the edge and we use a thicker material.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the utvinc is pretty think 3/16''

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ill double check Monday. Ours is between 1/8 and 3/16. I'm pretty sure 11 is more than 1/8. Ill post pics of my chassis brace and chassis after I hit a tree hard enough to shatter a wheel bearing and one of the bushings in the a arm.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
right on

1 - 20 of 39 Posts