Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, what are your thoughts or experiences with the Canam ProVent for the roof. I want to reduce the negative pressure that draws in dust when I run the full windshield on my Trail. I have the polycarbonate rear window installed. I am also considering a couple pop up vents like used on a cargo trailer or semi truck sleeper.
ProVent Roof Module Kit

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport
25 Posts
It does work, but not as well as I thought it would. I’m sure with upper doors it would work well, on my sport I have the power flip windshield. I noticed with the windshield opened ~1” the roof vent flows much more than with the windshield fully closed. Does the vent help? Yes but very little

·
Registered
723 Posts
i honestly would add the side air vents before adding that, or do both.. maximize the air flow into your ride

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the roof vent and it is very minimal air flow. Have side vents and they work much better, highly recommended. Also have two pop up vents that I am going to install. Can’t have too much air flow.

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,153 Posts
After installing Bent Metal's glass nicely designed and manufactured windshield, I determined that was "shielding" too much natural ventilation. One consideration to address that was the subject Can-Am roof vent, so I pulled e-Instructions from BRP's site to see what would be involved. Its design intent is in conjunction with Can-Am's plastic "Sport Roof" which I had on my former MavT and hated. Why? The truncated leading edge provided no sun or rain drip protection, the underside had injection molded cavities intended for the optional overhead console (which I had no use for) and the thing warped badly at that leading edge due to lack of rigidity. I subsequently replaced that with the Can-Am by Dragonfire aluminum roof which I like for all the reasons I hated the Sport Roof.

My own ventilation solution was the above mentioned Can-Am Side Deflectors. Problem solved! It is important though, to factor needs and expectations from combo of roof, windshield (with wiper if required) as well as side mirrors too, i.e., how and where those mount WRT where the side deflectors mount (requires drilling 2 holes per side). My aluminum roof is scraped and dented from low hanging tree limbs and my side deflectors already show scrapes from branches but I'd choose all those items again.

Driver side wind deflector.jpg Passenger side wind deflector.jpeg

·
Registered
258 Posts
Please explain to a dope like me how those side vents work. They look like they would deflect air away. Are you saying they direct air into cabin?

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,153 Posts
^^^ Link (free plug for RMATV) to those deflectors, showing multi-positions for desired venting: CAN-AM SIDE WINDSHIELD DEFLECTORS

Also noting, these only fit Mav Trail/Sport platform variants and (IIRC) Commander too. The Can-Am e-Instructions include paper template (sadly, not to scale when printed) to help position the lower drilled hole each side, then partially assemble the deflector and position to mark 2nd upper hole each side. As usual, measure twice (or more) and drill once...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information guys, I was considering the side vents, seems they would deal with the negative pressure area right were it begins.
For the roof vent guys, I guess its a smaller opening and quite speed dependant. Has anyone who has it installed tried running it with out the pre-filter installed?

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport
25 Posts
Thanks for the information guys, I was considering the side vents, seems they would deal with the negative pressure area right were it begins.
For the roof vent guys, I guess its a smaller opening and quite speed dependant. Has anyone who has it installed tried running it with out the pre-filter installed?
I have, there’s no flow difference at all

·
Registered
104 Posts
Same here, not much difference with filters removed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts