Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading some of the other post about the plastic, what is the best to protect it from mud. Most of you said Pledge, Pam ext. But was best to coat your axle and frame with, when you are going to the ocean? The salt water does a job on it. Will the pledge or Pam do the same thing? I really do not want rust this soon in its life.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
When we go to Pismo, I spray the undercarriage lightly w/WD40 then wipe the excess off with a rag, then when we get back I spray everything down w/simple green & pressure wash my machines. When we go to Oregon I don't do anything, just wash it real good when we get back. For whatever reason, I can pull my machines out of my trailer at Pismo & they are already starting to rust, never had any rust issues up in Oregon, even when we ride in the wet sand, I dont know why.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is strange. I know the last time we were in Oregon last year. My raptor started to rust, I know this one will some day, but not ready for it now.. LOL..

·
Registered
619 Posts
When you get back always wash your rig asap. I also use simple green and a pressure washer. So far i have not had any rust problems.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I don't do anything befor hand, but after we get back, I wash everything throughly with soap and water. Then I spray eveything.... from the tires up (well, not the tires) with WD-40 and then wipe them down befor it putting them back in the garage or trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts