Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Well lets see,
The Pro's...Width, the same as the XP. I like it.
Wheel base, excellent, 3" longer that the XP but not as long as the WC. I Like it.
101 HP, Very cool
14" wheel travel, same as the XP, we'll have to see how it compares with the XP,
My RZR XP buddies I ride with in the desert are amazing thru the whoops and dunes.
Full adjustable shocks, I like them on my "X"
Price, competitive

The Con's...No power steering, huge mistake
No QE front diff, huge mistake
100 lbs heaver than the XP, even with the extra HP its still an extra 100 lbs.

Overall I like it,
However if the XP gets a refresh in January, say, more suspension travel & HP along with being 100 lbs lighter
It'll be the benchmark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My question would be, do we need to spend a fortune to make it so you can hear youself think when driving it, and to stop you baking if you drive it on a warm day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am sure having the engine under the cockpit kept those Canadian engineers nice and warm on those brisk northern rides, but here in Arizona it's already HOT.I don't want to sit on my engine!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i really enjoyed the heat my commander put out, but i'm from northern canada so... if you think it's loud dynomat the engine tunnel. all the resolutions to these issues have already been solved by commander owners. i'm still not sold on the power steering i didnt like it on the new commander i tried out and i got a buddy with a power razr s and i hated it oversteered and felt twitchy. as well it looks like the same rear suspension thats in the new sport gator but with 14" of travel vs the gators 9" and dirt wheels mag said the gator worked as good if not better than a commander with aftermarket shocks or a 50" razr so thats promising.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The heat issue wil be the same, no way around it with 100 hp sitting 6" from the drivers seat. It is what it is.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Anybody know where the intakes are for the belt and intake for the mudders?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The intake for the motor is in the same place as the commander. The cvt has two intakes. One same spot as the commander and a new one in the rear next to the cvt outputs past the rear firewall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts