Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on some other sled forums trying to get some hints on how to set proper deflection on my stm clutches. There was a few of them that spoke of laying a straight edge along the top of the primary and secondary and mashing down in the middle of the belt in between the drive and driven and then measuring from the bottom of the straight edge and the top of the belt. They were saying that if its over an 1 1/4" then its to loose and less than an 1 1/8" to tight. Does this remain the same on our machines or would it be different.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Nathan - different setup because the sleds don't have engine braking. At least not the mountain sleds out west. Rule of thumb was as tight as possible without squeaking or creeping. But definitely looser than the setup on the Mav...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that I know what caused mine and yours belt to melt on the bottom I'm not near as worried as I was:) Although that still doesn't explain how noisey my primary is. If you don't mind pm me your email and I'll email a clip of how mine sounds and tell me what you think. I have forgotten my you tube user name and password or I'd try posting it up here.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
done

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It sounded like the stock clutch sounded but definitely louder than my QSC primary….

1 - 7 of 7 Posts