Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 7x16 Trailer from the Diamond Cargo in Georgia, upon picking up the new unit I noticed the ramp door opening only 69 1/2 inches. The spec sheet reads the Maverick is 74ish, so last minute decision had to be made and I went for 8.5x20 car hauler style enclosed trailer with 75in opening. I'm not heart broken about the bigger trailer anyway as I'll now have more room for living quarters. Not going for fanciest toy hauler but need it good enough for the other half to be comfortable for a 3 day weekend or so. So far I've got the 13,500 BTU with heat strip overhead A/C installed, walls painted, and ceiling insulated and covered. Still a lot left to do but it's getting there. Since my Maverick won't be here until March I guess there's going to be plenty of time to finish it. :furious:

Attachments

Reactions: dascrow

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice trailer. Gotta have the a/c in the south.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering if the maverick would squeeze into one of these. I am looking around for an 8.5x20 or 24 myself. Do most enclosed trailers that size have 75" door openings?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering if the maverick would squeeze into one of these. I am looking around for an 8.5x20 or 24 myself. Do most enclosed trailers that size have 75" door openings?
I didn't do a lot of research on different manufacturers (Diamond Cargo is the most bang for the buck by far in this area). On their Car Haulers the ceiling is a couple inches taller than the smaller trailers and you also make up some height at the entrance from the 3 inch beaver tail which the smaller trailers don't have.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Watch out for hight also. Have a friend who has a car hauler. His Razr fits great however while loading another friends Maverick the back roll bar barely cleared.
Even a clamp would have been to much.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to put a 1/8 inch sub floor in the living area to match the trim, then laid linoleum. Painted the back portion but still needs a second coat. Braced the fridge and microwave to the wall and got the water heater installed. Cabinets and counters are going in this week. Slowly but surely it's getting there.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm liking this build, I can't wait to see how this is gonna turn out after everything is finished. Might be just what I'm looking at for my needs. Keep us posted on your progress!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's some more progress. Getting closer, there's alot more to this than you can see in the pics but overall it's coming around great. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Lookin good. Just install a keg and it can double as a regular 'man cave'

·
Registered
394 Posts
Very nice! I'm ordering a new trailer for the Mav this week. It won't fit in my old one...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good Job, did you add water tanks in the floor?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 275 gallon square tank that will sit in the bed of my truck. No grey or blank tanks either, greywater will run out on the ground, portable commode for the bathroom

·
Registered
179 Posts
It looks great, but why not just buy a used one that's ready to go? I really miss mine even though it was a very basic unit.. I have a 33' 5th wheel now and I'm gonna have to put a hitch on it and have a little train going down the road!...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have a 275 gallon square tank that will sit in the bed of my truck. No grey or blank tanks either, greywater will run out on the ground, portable commode for the bathroom
Don't get caught dumping that grey water on the ground... big big fine if caught..

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Lookin good. Just install a keg and it can double as a regular 'man cave'
Kegerator, and a flat screen/satellite and your set

Reactions: z71on46s

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't get caught dumping that grey water on the ground... big big fine if caught..
Somehow I have doubts about that, I think they'll get me for drunk naked donuts in the Maverick long before I have to worry about a little shower runoff.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Actually if you're at Glamis they will investigate puddles under your camper to see if it's fresh water or not. And we pay for that vigilance with our fees. Drunk naked donuts may not be a problem if you're not within 50' of a camp site!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Actually if you're at Glamis they will investigate puddles under your camper to see if it's fresh water or not. And we pay for that vigilance with our fees. Drunk naked donuts may not be a problem if you're not within 50' of a camp site!
This is why I have a sewer cap with a garden hose connection on it so I can run the hose 50ft out of camp and let drain once it gets dark. Then you can do naked naked donuts to cover it up!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To be honest I didn't take the Grey water thing that serious, but it appears you guys out west have some strict rules. I've been to ATV events and watched people do 3 oil changes on swamped bikes just letting the waste oil hit the ground. In no way/shape/form do I condone that kind of activity, but I don't think our ecosystem can handle a little Irish Spring soap and VO5 shampoo hitting the ground. There is plenty of room under the trailer for some tanks should it become a issue in the future but I doubt it will since most of our trips are either events or rural camping.

I have to ask the question: if at Glamis I was to bring a 5 gallon container of clean water, wash my hands with soap, and rinse them from the container on the back of my tail gate.....I would be fined?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts