Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I get the programming cable I can use CHRIP to program the Rugged RM-60 Radio? I know there radio is just a re-branded radio from another manufacturer. I just don't know what make and model from the other manufacture to select in the CHRIP software. Thanks

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
This is where I got the cable and software to program my RM60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The RT systems software mentioned above is THE BEST available, but comes at a price. If you are on a budget, CHIRP WILL work. All of the frequencies commonly programmed into your RM60 are available for you to build your own frequency list and add whatever you like (within the radio specs). When you initially connect the radio, be sure to download the original programming and save that, just in case something gets messed up along the way. Then you can always go back and start over. It happens.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RT systems software mentioned above is THE BEST available, but comes at a price. If you are on a budget, CHIRP WILL work. All of the frequencies commonly programmed into your RM60 are available for you to build your own frequency list and add whatever you like (within the radio specs). When you initially connect the radio, be sure to download the original programming and save that, just in case something gets messed up along the way. Then you can always go back and start over. It happens.
Yes I know how to use the CHRIP software. I programmed a Baofeng UV-5r radio. I just was not sure what Radio to select in the CHRIP software to reprogram the Rugged RM-60. Like mentioned above do I select the TYT- TH-9000D in the Chrip program for the RM-60.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Sorry my response was delayed but yes, you can select that radio model. The majority of these radios use the same firmware. TYT, QYT, etc. The only thing I would be sure to do is save a copy of the original programming downloaded from the radio first, just in case. The RR branded radios differ from the over the counter units but these changes are to the pigtails for intercom use and they have the volume levels raised. The functionality and programming is exactly the same as the all the rest.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry my response was delayed but yes, you can select that radio model. The majority of these radios use the same firmware. TYT, QYT, etc. The only thing I would be sure to do is save a copy of the original programming downloaded from the radio first, just in case. The RR branded radios differ from the over the counter units but these changes are to the pigtails for intercom use and they have the volume levels raised. The functionality and programming is exactly the same as the all the rest.
So just so everyone knows. Last night I reprogrammed my Rugged RM-60 Radio with Chrip. I bought the programming cable from Amazon 12 bucks and used Chrip (free). You just have to make sure to use YTY as manufacturer and TH-9000_144hz as the model when setting up CHRIP. Besides that it worked flawlessly. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts