Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other thread about SC1 was popular so I figured we should have one on what product(s) you use and what process you do to clean it up. Would also be sweet if people could link to the product, and heck even before and after pics of their maverick.

For me my process so far is... Don't drive it. My first ride will be this weekend, I have a can of Maxima SC1 coming and will spray my entire machine with it before going out. I will for sure get pics of it after my ride, and then after it is cleaned up.

Product: Maxima SC1 Clear Coat | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I use a commercial degreaser and a pressure washer. Never more than 2 hours

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a pressure washer to knock off all of the heavy stuff, followed by a Meguiar's car wash with hot water. Every other wash after it dries I take a rag and some regular old Armor All to pretty much all of the surfaces, including the cage and seats. I've tried the SC-1, but honestly I'm more impressed with Armor-all. To me it shines better, makes the grime come off easy, and lasts a couple of washes before it needs another round. It also doesn't take much. 1 bottle will last a while. Oh, and I also remove the seats and wash them separately with an auto-fabric cleaner.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Power washer then some plexus

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I always spray mine down the night before a ride with silicone spray or pam. It makes for a lot easier cleaning the mud off.
I have never used a power washer on any of my rides. Take me about 1.5hrs to clean it. I use Super Clean to get the stain out.
I do take skid plates off every time, so it takes a little longer than it should.
Grease everything after it's clean.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
whats an extra 3 grand for a Hotsy on a 20k machine? not to mention all the other stuff you can do with it. no soap needed, just aim and clean! Ive had mine for about 15 years now and it kicks a$$
Follow up with tire wet on all surfaces

·
Registered
182 Posts
Play-doh x2 on the hot water and tire shine, I use no touch, let it sit for 10 mins the wipe it to get an even coverage.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Garden hose, a bucket of soapy water, and a big can of WD-40 to spray it all down after.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH
1 - 14 of 14 Posts