Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The STM Secondary had a problem fitting under the newer style belt box covers. STM stepped up and created a fix for this. We will remove the big plastic what ever you want to call it from the inside and replace it with this flange and some silicone. It seals great. Get with me if you need this

stmFix2.jpg
stmFix1.jpg

·
Registered
211 Posts
Or you can trade me for my early 2014 cover. lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Kris, what about us 2013 owners that are considering trying to convert to a dual air inlet setup. Does this include everything needed to modify the CVT cover or do you need to use existing parts from the 2014 dual inlet cover along with this flange?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That first picture looks like the flange is over th eprimary and not the secondary. So ?
This will also allow cool air inside correct?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It's upside down.....look where the insulated barrier that shields the heat from the exhaust is at....it is over the secondary.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It's upside down.....look where the insulated barrier that shields the heat from the exhaust is at....it is over the secondary.
I thought that also but look at the tire? It would not be on the ground.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kris, what about us 2013 owners that are considering trying to convert to a dual air inlet setup. Does this include everything needed to modify the CVT cover or do you need to use existing parts from the 2014 dual inlet cover along with this flange?
I'll check with them and see if this could be sold as a kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thank you sir!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Doesnt work! beware!! One hole is off 10 deg. and no o-rings on bolts = water in box! I could just redrill new holes but shouldnt have to for that kind of $$$. Gigantic waste of $80. I got ///Airdams Flange. A work of art compared to STM's. Lets hope there clutch is better.

·
Banned
546 Posts
thanks for the heads up.. Where can you buy air damns?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got Adam on the [email protected] 601 883 9929. He said hit STM Flange that he tried to install was the exact same way. I think thats why he made his to sell.

·
Registered
711 Posts
thats correct

here is mine. in this picture it shows a generic set of bolts. when you receive the kit you will actually get a rubber gasket, rubber o-ring, 4 new bolts with o-rings under the heads, and the machined flange. i have shipped a few already, and i have 10 that will be ready to go out the door monday.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like a pretty slick product.

I've installed 5 with the new STM setup. Haven't had an issue with misalignment (nor has any of the customers that I've shipped them to). As far as water leaking I did silicone the adapters quite a bit inside and out. Which is kind of common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
546 Posts
for $55 + shipping, its cheaper than the plastic tube you get elsewhere. and it seals, and it fits.
I will take one.. You sell clutches too? Kris is not responding to my emails

1 - 20 of 42 Posts