Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
319 Posts
Don't give up, just work through the issues. I've never had any off-road vehicle that I didn't have to modify to meet my needs. The manufacturers don't build an all purpose, great at everything, non-stoppable vehicle. There is no such thing as one size fits all -- every design is a compromise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've lost count of the number of times mine has been buried. Had mud coming in through the windshield and been towed out of a few. Never had a problem or over heated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
cleaned the radiator with a pressure washer the best I could without removing all the front end tupperware and tried to make it overheat but it never got higher than 4 bars on the gauge , I guess the previous owner left some mud caked up in it and I filled it up the rest of the way until it was fully coated , bought a used set of wheels with 32 inch k9s today so Im ready to give it another try

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
cleaned the radiator with a pressure washer the best I could without removing all the front end tupperware and tried to make it overheat but it never got higher than 4 bars on the gauge , I guess the previous owner left some mud caked up in it and I filled it up the rest of the way until it was fully coated , bought a used set of wheels with 32 inch k9s today so Im ready to give it another try

·
Registered
19 Posts
After you clean the rad hold a flashlight behind it and make sure you can see light coming through it that way you know it actually was cleaned. Mud can get baked in there like cement and a pressure washer sometimes won’t even clean it. I’ve seen where a rad has had to been removed from the machine capped off and then soaked in water till it loosened everything up.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
As I said before , there were 2 other buggies with me riding thru the same stuff , neither of them were snorkled ( set up for mud ) one of them actually tried to go thru the middle of this mudhole and got stuck with the hood submerged until I pulled it out . Neither of them had issues .
What were the other two machines

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Recommended reading for the win! This isn’t too old. What’d you end up doing?

same machine, same issue. Until I installed the TCP mudder rad.
Its for sale , after spending alot of time cleaning the radiator
havent had any more problems but bought another sxs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another vote for TCP, after going to 33’s, tune, charge tubes, etc., I noticed the load was increasing my temps.

TCP is stout. Huge difference in operating temps and the mudder version cleans itself 1,000 times better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts