Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 X3 and purchased a set of 15” MSA wheels and was wondering if anyone had any information on the Pro Armor sand tires or a better brand I should be looking at. I can get them in 30” or 32”. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 xrs turbo rr-blue
52 Posts
I have a 2020 xrs with beadlock wheels, my pro Armor tires are 30” but are taller then my 30” stock big horns, the fronts are 8lbs lighter then the stock wheels and the rears are 2lbs heavier.
I done dune a lot so I didn’t want to have a lot of money in sand tires, they work fine for me but there are better tires out there

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2020 xrs with beadlock wheels, my pro Armor tires are 30” but are taller then my 30” stock big horns, the fronts are 8lbs lighter then the stock wheels and the rears are 2lbs heavier.
I done dune a lot so I didn’t want to have a lot of money in sand tires, they work fine for me but there are better tires out there
Thanks! I will only be going a couple times a year too but I can’t decide between these an$ the CST paddles.

·
Premium Member
10,640 Posts
Polaris owns Pro Armor....

They are a heavy molded tire, even if you're only going a few times a year, the CST is a better tire. If you go a lot, and you have a bigger budget, Skats.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Polaris owns Pro Armor....

They are a heavy molded tire, even if you're only going a few times a year, the CST is a better tire. If you go a lot, and you have a bigger budget, Skats.
Thanks! I was starting to lean that way from what I read but thought Pro Armor might be better.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have them, other than being tough for what's needed for the Oregon Dunes with roots and branches they are way too heavy, very stiff, and way too much paddle.
I believe they are one of the main reasons I go through a belt every 100-120 miles besides needing clutch work. Now that I put in a STM clutch and still have the tires we'll see.
I most likely with go with STU 1300 or SS360's soon. Skats would be great but not out here, I'd have them torn up quick.

If it were between Pro Armor and CST? go CST.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking the SS360 at first but read the CST were better for the money but I’m just looking for the best all around. I do plan on adding an intercooler and have it retuned but it’s already plenty fast enough compared to my banshee. 😂

·
Registered
2020 XRS RR
80 Posts
The ss360 worked really well for me. I got them on STI HD6 wheels for a great price. I used them on two dune trips an had no complaints on performance. My only issue was the weight, but they held up great. Just sold them and they looked basically brand new.

·
Registered
2020 X3XRC
65 Posts
The ss360 worked really well for me. I got them on STI HD6 wheels for a great price. I used them on two dune trips an had no complaints on performance. My only issue was the weight, but they held up great. Just sold them and they looked basically brand new.
If I may ask -
You sold them due to getting something else or not hitting the dunes anymore?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have them, other than being tough for what's needed for the Oregon Dunes with roots and branches they are way too heavy, very stiff, and way too much paddle.
I believe they are one of the main reasons I go through a belt every 100-120 miles besides needing clutch work. Now that I put in a STM clutch and still have the tires we'll see.
I most likely with go with STU 1300 or SS360's soon. Skats would be great but not out here, I'd have them torn up quick.

If it were between Pro Armor and CST? go CST.
That's why I like the Rocky mountain ATV skats. They are not buffed on the sidewalls. I have probably 1,000 miles in the Oregon dunes with them and they are running strong. Only the paddles are getting rounded from driving on pavement.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That's why I like the Rocky mountain ATV skats. They are not buffed on the sidewalls. I have probably 1,000 miles in the Oregon dunes with them and they are running strong. Only the paddles are getting rounded from driving on pavement.
Do you run hard and fast through the narrow ATV side trails with tree roots and branches and no punctures or mostly stay on the open dunes?
I know I hit a few each time I'm on them and thank goodness for tree kickers, I've had to straighten them a couple times....

What size and wheels are you running?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do you run hard and fast through the narrow ATV side trails with tree roots and branches and no punctures or mostly stay on the open dunes?
I know I hit a few each time I'm on them and thank goodness for tree kickers, I've had to straighten them a couple times....

What size and wheels are you running?
I'm running 30x11x14 cause my fifth wheel is too narrow. Yeah we run all over. I don't do tight tree shoots on the x3 (save that for the raptor) but do run through a lot of tight trails. At all 3 sets of dunes. I'm careful when I see roots and such. I'm sure if you tear it up thru every tight trail, you can blow any tire haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts