Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
30 minutes is what it took me, after the bar was bolted up. Remember you have to do something with the seat belt safety switch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the 4, but these damn things are giving me a fit on the driver side... The bolt closest to the motor is kicking my ass!!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I got the 4, but these damn things are giving me a fit on the driver side... The bolt closest to the motor is kicking my ass!!!!
It can be an ass kicker for sure. Plastic needs to come out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally figured that out after I got frustrated... Had to walk away from it this eve, but will hopefully finish tomorrow.....

·
Registered
684 Posts
You probably know that the car won't go over 10mph if the drivers seatbelt isn't latched, or the car thinks it's latched.
There are a couple different ways to do it...
Some of the guys on here have cut the two wires and connected them permanently.
I think someone found a factory plug off of a Chevy truck that plugs right in and works.
I took the switch out of the seat belt assembly and zip tied it and tucked it under the plastics.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I finally figured that out after I got frustrated... Had to walk away from it this eve, but will hopefully finish tomorrow.....
Yeah it's a PITA! I just fought that battle on Saturday. I tied the two wires together on the latch side using an outdoor wire nut. I don't see why I would ever want to go back to a 3 point car style belt, so I'm not concerned with keeping the switch intact.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Put a toggle switch on the seat belt wire so you can let someone try it out really slowly or, if hidden, as an added safety measure, in case someone tries to drive off with it.
That's a pretty good idea and theft deterrent….Oh, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I will post up some pics tonight.....it was quite the PITA! if I had to do it over again, I would weld in a cross bar to the lower seat frame and bolt it to that instead.....

·
Registered
255 Posts
I call BS on half an hour install!!!!!!! It took me that long just to get all the damn plastic rivets out! Damn what a pain!

On a good note, everything is installed and ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Here are a few pics of were I mounted mine to the frame below the front seat mounting location.

IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0413.jpg IMG_0414.jpg IMG_0415.jpg IMG_0416.jpg

·
Registered
538 Posts
thanks, how much room is between that tab and the gas tank? it doesn't even look like you could get that bolt in there.

·
Registered
684 Posts
It was a pain, had to cut the bolt and bend the seat mount a little. Drivers side Is nice and wide open though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts