Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 DS
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows the bolt threads I will need in order to secure the bottom parts of the harness to the seat. I know the stock hardware from the seatbelts will not work and I do not want to get the wrong thread.

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
Polaris harnesses in an X3? Oh the humanity!

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 DS
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 DS
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
You do now!!!

Reactions: 21Turbo

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ended up going with this kit: https://www.dragonfireracing.com/assets/files/products/6186/14-2103-Maverick-X3-Harness-Snap-Kit.pdf

Says it has the bolts for the bottom of the seat included. If anyone else is looking for the size though it’s 7/16.
The bolts for the bottom are not the right size for the Pro Armor Harness, or at least they wern't in the kit I bought from them. What this kit is a quick release kit for the upper portion of the harness. Makes taking the seats out soooo much easier. For the bottom bolts you are going to have to get creative because the factory bolts will not go through the Pro Armor anchors. I replaced the bottom bolts with grade 8 studs and nylock nuts, a plastic washer on each side of the anchor so the anchor doesn't rattle and also fabricated a sleeve that went around the stud to take up any slack between it and the harness anchor. When it was all said and done the anchor will just barely pivot on the stud and there is no slop between the stud and the anchor due to the sleeve.

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 DS
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bolts for the bottom are not the right size for the Pro Armor Harness, or at least they wern't in the kit I bought from them. What this kit is a quick release kit for the upper portion of the harness. Makes taking the seats out soooo much easier. For the bottom bolts you are going to have to get creative because the factory bolts will not go through the Pro Armor anchors. I replaced the bottom bolts with grade 8 studs and nylock nuts, a plastic washer on each side of the anchor so the anchor doesn't rattle and also fabricated a sleeve that went around the stud to take up any slack between it and the harness anchor. When it was all said and done the anchor will just barely pivot on the stud and there is no slop between the stud and the anchor due to the sleeve.
Thanks I must have mis read it originally but now looking back you are correct. Is the 7/16 thread correct though? I like your idea with the studs I may do that myself.

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 DS
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 DS
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok well that’s good to here. I guess I’ll wait til tomorrow when they deliver and Hope you guys are right because I don’t feel like running out to get bolts haha. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What size and length grade 8 did you use?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts