Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Pro Armor Doors

22K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Back2Life 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I installed the Pro Armor door this weekend. The mechanic at the dealership warned me about the difficulty of installing these and while not bad, it wasn't what I'd call a great experience either.

1) Instructions could use some major help. Poor sketches. The instructions say 2 hour install but I'd call that pretty optimistic. I've got about 6 hours in them.
2) Passenger door fit perfect. Bolted right up and latch works butter smooth.
3) Driver door was NOT EVEN CLOSE! Door latch was a good 1/2" low compared to the post even adjusted all the way up. Both posts measured almost exactly the same distance from the floor. Ended up slotting the bottom door mounts further back and slot the post mount lower. Between the two modifications, the door now latches but is still not how I'd like it. The post bracket and door mounts all attach to existing holes so I'm almost positive the door was not welded properly from the factory.

Installed, the doors look great and I like them MUCH better than the factory nets.

I'll try to figure out how to post a couple pics.

Matt Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Yellow

See less See more
#2 ·
the funnest part is getting the yellow lower fender's off, lol

#3 · (Edited)
Yes sir. That piece is a b*#ch to get out.

I started with the passenger door and spent WAY to much time taking the fuel tank cover and tunnel side off only to get to the bolt holding the factory net mount. Good pair of nips took care of that on the driver side!

Reactions: Gr8msl
#4 ·
I did the TurnKey doors...It wasn't any better. I think BRP's tolerences are about +/- 1/2". But yeah, the nets were the 1st thing to go off mine. Get some harnesses, and dump those neck diggin oem seatbelts.

Reactions: Rickyjo09
#5 ·
I put the can am pro armour doors on mine also and, it took me about 6 hrs as well. I also had to modify the post mount and widen out the existing holes on the drivers side to get the bolts through. After trying to get the skid plate off the drivers side and, getting frustrated i was going to snip my side net on the drivers side thinking that there was a nut on the bolt like on the passenger side. Then found out there was no bolt on that side so then just took out the bolt and took off the net. LOL

#6 ·
After getting them both installed i found that the passenger side when latched rattled where the drivers side did not. So, i tried adjusting it and, still the same thing so i put shrink tube on the latch pin on both sides and, its all good for now till the latch wears it off.

#9 ·
Did any of y'all's doors have alot of slop when they mounted on the top rear post of the rear mount were the factory side bar was removed. The factory post is 3/4 and the rear part of the door that slips over that is 1". That seems like way to much play to me if you tighten it down its definitely going to squeeze it and bust off the powder coat.

Any help would be appreciated,
Nathan

#12 ·
I'm not sure about the Bling Star doors but most any door I've seen people talk about installing, its a pain. Seems like every unit, either the door or UTV itself, is slightly different.

#11 ·
Yes there is quite a bit of size difference but once I snugged them up, I've not had any trouble with it.

#13 ·
Thanks man, you've been alot of help tonight I appreciate it.

#23 ·
Does anyone know if there's a wrap or decal set available for these doors? Installing mine now. Think it needs something to dress it up a little more instead of just a black door. White and gray Xds model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.