Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the roof this morning and just got done with the doors. Roof was quite easy fits very nice and I think it looks pretty good. Doors are another story, pretty much a pain in the a$$. Directions say 2 hours, took about 3. There is a lot of stuff to take off the mav to allow install. This is when I realized how poorly this thing is put together. Plastic upon plastic holding plastic together with more plastic. None of it fit together right or tight even before I started taking things apart.
Once the seats come out you really get to see how poor the fit and finish is. I won't say any more about that other than I would expect more from a vehicle that costs the same as a Toyota Corolla.
Now the doors, Pro Armor with Can Ams name. First of all the doors look really nice but that's where the good times end. Out of the box the drivers door swings freely but the passenger door is bound up and hard to open or close. The passenger door had enough adjustment to get an even reveal all the way around. The driver door ran out of adjustment and I could not get it to the point where it would not hit on the plastic at the bottom of the door when closing. If I slot the holes some more I could make it close freely but I shouldn't have to. The doors come with nets and after I had everything mounted I attached the nets to the roll bar and snugged them up. (Snug not overly tight) then when I went to open the driver door the middle net attachment on the door tore off the door. Oh well it looks better without the nets.
The powder coating bubbled and flaked off everywhere there is a bolt attachment.
Not impressed with the doors at all. They will do for now and I got the doors, roof, and front bumper free with the deal on the mav so I can't bitc& too much.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The Birmini roof will loosen up some but overall I like mine, I managed to put one little tear in it but it hasn't got any worse

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Same roof here. So far its been great. As for doors, still haven't decided on those yet.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got around to trying to fix the drivers door yesterday. I pulled it off and reamed the lower 2 mounting holes and reinstalled.
It does not hit on the lower part of the door opening as bad, but still not perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts