Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Primary Clutch Upgrade Options?

15K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  r8sfan 
#1 ·
I am still waiting for my Maverick to arrive, dealer was told March by Can Am, but I guess time will tell. I dont want to have belt or clutch issues, especially since I plan on running oversized mud tires.

What options do we have for a primary clutch upgrade? I know that Airdamn makes one, but after about 15 emails, 30 phone calls and other forum message attempts to place an order, I have given up.

Anyone have any ideas of what to get?

#2 ·
I talked to Adam at QSC, and he's not going to get his hand on one till the Mud Nat's. They are not sure if their current primary will give full top speed due to the Maverick having a larger diameter primary than the Commander. He said IF they have to retool, it would take about 20 weeks. It sounds like STM will work, but due to a different offset, you have to buy their secondary also. And I wouldn't recommend skimping and getting their Rage 3, so that means getting the Rage 6 and secondary for $2000.

#3 · (Edited)
Airdam Adam is a busy guy, and I know he has a few orders on the go right now. He will get back to you it just might take a bit. as Glamis has said, QSC is a question mark at this point... Your options beside Airdam are; order direct from STM primary and secondary, or you could try another outfit that sells the CVTech primary (there are a few) but I am not sure how much actual testing they have done on the Maverick so you might be on your own with the setup there as well.

#5 · (Edited)
It has to be modified to work on a Can-Am. I think some of the others that sell it are listed in the Airdam Rip Off companies thread:

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/7-general-maverick-discussions/689-airdam-rip-off-companies.html

and I believe Performance ATV was posting in that thread sells CV Tech as well....

But again, I am unsure as to whether or not any of these others have tested and set up a CV Tech or any other primary on a Maverick yet..... I have not heard of anyone who has clutched a Maverick besides Adam Harvey and I don't believe anyone who has posted on this forum has claimed to have tested and clutched a Maverick besides Adam Harvey (Airdam)

#8 ·
Glamis I wouldn't do it if I were u. With mud nats just a couple weeks out, I know hes swamped with primarys . After mud nationals things will probably calm down I'd imagine. But there is a big difference between a bone stock cv tech and one of Adams .

#11 ·
Mines at performance atv rite now having the cvtech installed one thing you should realize is cvtech is not go n to sell a clutch if it will not work as far as fine tuning the clutch that's a diff story there is a lot of diff riding styles so no not everyone who sells and installs them have had a chance to dial them in if I can get randy miller while he has free time at mud nationals ill have him adjust it he is the best at tweaking a clutch

#12 ·
you buy a CVtech from one of the companies that are selling them straight out of the box, from CVtech AAB, and that clutch WILL physically fit a maverick, and last about 2-3 good weekends and strip the cover out and beat the slider shoes to death. the maverick engine is too powerful for the way CVtech has that clutch set up. you'll see soon enough what i am talking about.

i do ALOT to those clutches to make them do what you hear about. the CVtech clutch was directly aimed at an aftermarket replacement, NOT a performance mod. i machine the primary inner and outer sheaves, the main shaft, the sliders ect. there is absolutely nothing in that clutch that i dont machine and modify in some way. i make a normal OEM replacement clutch into a workable, primary that gives you tons of gains across the board. there are many things i do to a stock secondary clutch to make it better as well. i have alot of folks that are trying to copy me, and try to roll in the cash so to speak. all i can say is, if you buy it somewhere else, dont expect it to last very long. you'll be replacing a $280 cover within a month, two at tops.

#14 ·
Adam how does someone place an order with you? I been calling and emailing and cant get in touch with you. I need a clutch or else I wont be able to ride with my larger wheel/tire set up!

Reactions: Infidel2001
#13 ·
Kinda puts guys like me in a pickle when you and performance are squabling they are the ones building my maverick im a pretty fair guy but from what all ive read on here and facebook it was wrong to include performance atv in your post about try n to copy you or say they are try n to sell clutches claim n to be like yours and I have no doubt by all the customers reviews that you know what your doing but like I said performance is building my maverick and yall are not on good terms otherwise your clutch would be going in my maverick so how bout yall get together and discuss working together again and maybe posting how long it will take to get clutches done and shipped I think people would be more understanding if you posted its a 2 or 3 week back order or how ever long it will be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.