Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went out riding past weekend burned belt ended the ride. Replaced belt and was not able to shift into gears. Now I took the cover off to fid out i have a big groove in sheaves of primary one way bearing is done as well and missing two rollers in secundary. What do yall suggest in clutch upgrades since either way i have to rebuild the primary. I mainly do tril riding and some mud as well. I drive a 2019 x3 xmr 72” wide with 35s on 22s tires

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
The groove is pretty standard said to happen from idleing too much, but you need to warm up n cool down so? Looks like your also missing the fiber washers from each side of the bearing , call kwi about getting the full float and a clutck kit installed

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Email //Airdam and he will get you taken care of. Will get you all the parts and set it up for you. Email him is best way to get ahold of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,584 Posts
Whoa, you need to disassemble that clutch ASAP and find out what’s hanging it up. Looks like too much room for the fiber washers to make up. Did you change your governor cup recently? something is not letting the clutch close all the way.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
155 Posts
So went out riding past weekend burned belt ended the ride. Replaced belt and was not able to shift into gears. Now I took the cover off to fid out i have a big groove in sheaves of primary one way bearing is done as well and missing two rollers in secundary. What do yall suggest in clutch upgrades since either way i have to rebuild the primary. I mainly do tril riding and some mud as well. I drive a 2019 x3 xmr 72” wide with 35s on 22s tires View attachment 262264
That's a ton of tire, what's the weight of your tire and wheel combo?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Whoa, you need to disassemble that clutch ASAP and find out what’s hanging it up. Looks like too much room for the fiber washers to make up
First thing I thought of when I saw the pic as well. Something is no bueno with that primary,, AND you are missing two secondary rollers??

I'm guessing the clutch issue/s took out the belt,,, not the other way around.

How many miles on the car? Ever service the clutches? Do you get your clutches wet when mudding?

·
Registered
834 Posts
That's a ton of tire, what's the weight of your tire and wheel combo?
he didn’t mention the tire brand and 35’s are very common .....35’s are small tires for mudders.

sounds like you don’t maintain your clutches, do you ? Grooves are common, I’m assuming you’re clutches are rusty and dusty. That primary has issues and you need to either disassemble it and diagnose/fix the problem or send it off to the two suggestions .....KWI or Adam at Airdam

Pull your clutches and rebuild both ......do you have a clutch kit or is it stock ?
How many miles on the clutches ?
How many miles since you last cleaned and serviced them ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same machine with almost the same tire set up. Previous owner did the same thing to the clutches, from mudding and got sand and mud in case when he broke a hole in it. Only had 180 miles on machine when I bought it. Had to replace both inner and outer sheaves, primary bearing, and had Kris at KWI do the float mod and update the clutches. Made a huge difference in performance! KWI does awesome work!

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
155 Posts
he didn’t mention the tire brand and 35’s are very common .....35’s are small tires for mudders.

sounds like you don’t maintain your clutches, do you ? Grooves are common, I’m assuming you’re clutches are rusty and dusty. That primary has issues and you need to either disassemble it and diagnose/fix the problem or send it off to the two suggestions .....KWI or Adam at Airdam

Pull your clutches and rebuild both ......do you have a clutch kit or is it stock ?
How many miles on the clutches ?
How many miles since you last cleaned and serviced them ?
Oops I didn't see it as Mudders. I was thinking terrain desert tire. Thanks for the correction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts