Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
no, Ben agreed to do it. I’m gonna take it up to Fallon next week, he’s got a guy. He will finish installing my parts and fix the clutch, drive it and make sure its tops.. and I’ll pick it up and go play at SM.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
no, Ben agreed to do it. I’m gonna take it up to Fallon next week, he’s got a guy. He will finish installing my parts and fix the clutch, drive it and make sure its tops.. and I’ll pick it up and go play at SM.
You'll be very happy with Ben's work..

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey There,

I certainly want to see a photo of the tool, and a description of what was done.

The story was great but let’s get the “Final Chapter” as well.

Dwayne

·
Registered
592 Posts
So I'm a little confused, I bought the EPI puller, part number PCP15 but it doesnt measure what the ones pictured do
as

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a 2020 XRS RR y2” wide.

So, the head snapped off trying to get the primary off. broken a bunch of long easy-outs trying to get it off. The short ones grab then strip. I don't want to pound on my crank.

ideas? Is it possible to take primary apart while still on? should I drill the extractor tool all the way down to the crank? Id rather save the motor vs clutch, I can always buy another one (ugh) This stuff looks easy on vids. I am beginning to think they pre-take off everything so it looks simple

thanks
What brand puller was yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you used an impact to put tension on the puller bolt enough to snap it, you might be lucky enough and try to tap the primary out with a rubber mallet, do you feel like you put enough revolutions before it snapped?
If the primary pops out even slightly the tension of the bolt against the crank will release and you can now unthread the puller easily. Try tapping around with a rubber mallet.
That's where you are at, the tension of the bolt against the crank is preventing you from unthreading it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in a similar situation once but I broke the primary bolt tightening it with an impact.
So I put little jb weld on the end and matched it back in. Then unthreaded, but in that case there was no tension on the broken bolt so it was easy to undo.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
So I'm a little confused, I bought the EPI puller, part number PCP15 but it doesnt measure what the ones pictured do
Not knowing the exact depth of the bore in the crankshaft of the X3, I would be very apprehensive using this jacking bolt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Hey There,

I certainly want to see a photo of the tool, and a description of what was done.

The story was great but let’s get the “Final Chapter” as well.

Dwayne
Ill ask him to take pics for me. even if its hot, I mean.. ill be 30mins away. how can you not go to SM... it would be a crime. and 60HP gain, (EVO claims) 255HP

who could resist??

101 - 120 of 130 Posts