Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

Registered
As much as I dislike arrogance, Airdam's explanation is spot on as he gave the cut locations and techniques to complete the task including the engine running lathe approach. Running the engine at idle will give you a better even cut control on the circumference of the shaft and will be quicker.

Registered
the only problem with the motor running is you will need to let the crank cool
a warm/hot crank will have extra tension on the clutch
removing the clutch on a hot crank can be very,very difficult even for experienced people

Reactions: Hawk and Tmesic

Registered
I agree however if you start a cold engine and let it idle during the cutoff process, the crank will not get hot enough to expand . You could always come back to the project in an hour.

Registered
This sure can be a bias board on people's sensitivity, although my advise might have been stupid because I assumed something that might not be happening, Airdams pointing out the stupid advise being given didnt offend me at all. He didnt make a personal attack on anyone, where other members do that on a daily basis.
Airdam, thanks for the detailed information, as a bad advise giver I'm glad you turned the light switch on so I can see she's ugly, problem is now she knows I'm ugly too

Registered
So what I'm hearing even if the threads are correct this will not work for what reason?
The distance from the thread end to the tip of the tool? Which should be how long?
20200628_113050.jpg

Premium Member
From the end of the threads to the tip my OEM tool is 2 I/4", the one I have from Alba Racing is 2 3/8"

Registered
Okay, had to laugh at myself for this one...... :unsure: :rolleyes:

However is that a dimension that will work properly.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts