Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if the primary clutch on a commander will work on the maverick? I have a commander that I'm thinking of selling and getting a maverick.My commander has a QSC primary that I will either take off and sell or put on the maverick if it will work. Also I guess while I'm asking will a STM secondary for a commander work on the maverick.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that might be the deciding factor between the maverick and 900xp.

·
Registered
144 Posts
From what I told with the QSC it's just a matter of changing the weights. Not a big deal. You have all the weights needed just gotta tune it.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Well that might be the deciding factor between the maverick and 900xp.
Why a xp over a stock Mav? The Mav has few issues xp has many

·
Registered
711 Posts
umm..... if you guys will notice

the maverick primary is the largest overall diameter primary BRP has put in an ATV or SxS
the stock commander primary is almost a half inch smaller diameter than the maverick primary
the QSC primary (modified polaris primary) is almost another 1/4" smaller diameter than the stock commander primary.

putting my math together, means that the QSC primary is going to be dang near 3/4" smaller diameter than the stock maverick primary. you wanna talk about lost top speed???

·
Registered
791 Posts
umm..... if you guys will notice

the maverick primary is the largest overall diameter primary BRP has put in an ATV or SxS
the stock commander primary is almost a half inch smaller diameter than the maverick primary
the QSC primary (modified polaris primary) is almost another 1/4" smaller diameter than the stock commander primary.

putting my math together, means that the QSC primary is going to be dang near 3/4" smaller diameter than the stock maverick primary. you wanna talk about lost top speed???
Not that I care about top speed since I run mud tires but what is the diameter of the trail bloc that you use Adam?

·
Registered
711 Posts
over 1/2" inch larger diameter than the stock commander primary
right at a 1/4" larger diameter than the maverick primary
the trailbloc is a bit over 3/4" larger diameter than the polaris primary

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
over 1/2" inch larger diameter than the stock commander primary
right at a 1/4" larger diameter than the maverick primary
the trailbloc is a bit over 3/4" larger diameter than the polaris primary
Adam can you bring the TrailBloc with you to Glamis?

·
Registered
791 Posts
One of my concerns after seeing a trail bloc is that the one I looked at it had some sort of counterweight bolted to the back that appeared to me like it might reduce the cooling fan's ability on the back of the primary to pump in cool air from the CVT intake.

·
Registered
468 Posts
One of my concerns after seeing a trail bloc is that the one I looked at it had some sort of counterweight bolted to the back that appeared to me like it might reduce the cooling fan's ability on the back of the primary to pump in cool air from the CVT intake.
RTB, when I installed my Snorkels, I also installed a temp gauge connected to my CVT housing exhaust snorkel (about 6" out of the actual housing) to monitor CVT housing temp at all times. While riding hard with me and my father in law in the vehicle, (combined weight 530 lbs) , The hottest that I seen it get was 190°. I have the trail block and it seemed to still move air pretty good. CVT Intake was also pulling hell of suction when gassing on it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
529133_4132686090226_993682604_n.jpg

The gauge on the right in my center console is CVT housing temperature

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nice work, first time I have hear of that. Can you post up the details of what parts you used to do that or where you got the kit (if it was a kit)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Nice work, first time I have hear of that. Can you post up the details of what parts you used to do that or where you got the kit (if it was a kit)
They are just standard Sun-Pro Gauges that I got at AutoZone. Its actually a water temp gauge but it just says "TEMP" on the Gauge. The range was spot on for the CVT exhaust (100-350°). It comes with a set of adapters for engine blocks that the probe goes in. I just drilled out a hole in the snorkel 6" and the brass adapter will cut its own threads. Just silicone the treads before you screw it in. Then silicone the probe threads, screw it into the adapter thats on the snorkel, silicone the entire outside of it and BAM !! Done. Its actually kind of interesting to be able to monitor it and dial in on what exactly increases and decreases the temp while riding.

·
Registered
468 Posts
6" from the housing I meant to say . Didnt drill a 6" hole LOL ! Type-o

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just put in My order for CVtech with Adam... Will be the second Primary I have bought from him...Had it on Commander and its makes a difference...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just make sure that when you drill your Hole for the probe that you drill it low enough and at the right angle that your cup holders in the center console wont hit it when you re-install it. I wont be home for a couple weeks but I'll try to take some pics of the probe installed . Here are some pics I had in my phone. 2013-02-06_00-51-18_378.jpg 480455_4117828678800_1499074589_n.jpg 486100_4043931511417_1415163923_n.jpg 578113_4119732406392_840667699_n.jpg

Reactions: RTB

·
Registered
711 Posts
at 4,000 RPM, the CVtech actually pulls 18% more air than the stock commander primary.

if you will look at your stock clutch cover, the intake for the cooling duct, funnels into the center of the housing. the counterweight on the back of the CVtech primary is designed, and has the same diameter on the inside of the weight as the overall outside diameter of the cooling vane inside the housing. this funnels the air into the fins and helps the clutch disperse the air thru the fins. into the housing rather than let air escape around behind the fins. that thing on the back of the clutch is not an afterthought. its actually functional.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why a xp over a stock Mav? The Mav has few issues xp has many
Overall I like the maverick better than the 900xp but I haven't rode with a maverick so I really don't know how they perform handling wise compared to the 900.I've been riding a commander and all my buddy's ride 900s so I kind of know what to expect in the 900.I was thinking of a long travel for the commander but for the price I think I'd be better off selling the commander and getting a new machine.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Overall I like the maverick better than the 900xp but I haven't rode with a maverick so I really don't know how they perform handling wise compared to the 900.I've been riding a commander and all my buddy's ride 900s so I kind of know what to expect in the 900.I was thinking of a long travel for the commander but for the price I think I'd be better off selling the commander and getting a new machine.
The Maverick suspension will blow your mind ...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts