Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got there thursday night and stayed untill monday afternoon. Good times in the dunes for sure, i got frustrated a couple of times due to a slow pace. I am an asshole and like to drive fast, i also do not have any patients for the slower guys. Sorry, i go to the dunes to burn some fuel and push my Maverick to its limit.

I rode 135 miles total, and did not have a single issue with my maverick. The daytime temps were in the mid 80's and some of the guys in the group had to stop every 20 minutes or so to let their cars cool down. My car did not go over 210* all weekend and i pushed it hard everywhere i went. My STM clutches (steel spider) performed awesome.

This was my first trip with my 3 Rigid lights on the roof. The spread worked out great for night duning, i was able to see to the side of me very well. Now i need to get my actuator installed so i can adjust it on the fly. I was told my lightbar looks like a spaceship comming in to land, haha.

here are some pics of the fun.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Nice pictures.

Hope the little ride we did in the dunes behind Olds was not too slow for you. My friends in the 900 and the 800s were getting beat up chasing me in the dunes and I had to slow down for them. Came by your camp later in the afternoon to see if you and desertdog wanted to make a run to the drags. Both of you were napping. lol. If was damn hot on Friday.

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
nice maverick pic !

light bar looks cool !

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sounds like all you ever needed was those new clutches, glad you had good times. I noticed you have the metal under hood side vent panels, do you think those help with cooling because yours have a large venting area?

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like all you ever needed was those new clutches, glad you had good times. I noticed you have the metal under hood side vent panels, do you think those help with cooling because yours have a large venting area?
The mesh helps I am sure. I did remove half the fins on my plastic radiator shroud. I don't drive around trees and sticks so an open radiator is OK by me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah I also had a great time camping and riding with ya Mike. Not sure if its a secret or not but your much nicer in person.LOL. Thanks for the great dune rides and hope I didnt slow you up too much. I was also very frustrated when I rode behind that one guy that could not seem to stay in line or keep up even in the small stuff. He seemed like he was on the brakes more than he was on the throttle when I followed him. We all have to learn to drive the dunes somehow but a person also needs to know there limits and be responsible to spend some time learning some of the basics before venturing into the big stuff.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The mesh helps I am sure. I did remove half the fins on my plastic radiator shroud. I don't drive around trees and sticks so an open radiator is OK by me.
Sounds good. I've thought about getting them, just wondered if it might actually help. the rears seem like they might actually allow more heat on the shocks which I don't think is good.

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good. I've thought about getting them, just wondered if it might actually help. the rears seem like they might actually allow more heat on the shocks which I don't think is good.
They are cheap and easy to make. Davis salvage in phx sells aluminum rems cheap. A little jigsaw work, one bend an bam you gotta custom set.

·
Registered
14 Posts
nice guy for sure, we bs'd for a while at the bottom of olds.

well i finally manned up and signed up for this forum! it was nice meeting you at olds thanks for posting the pic of my max

·
Registered
680 Posts
That max is bitchin. I follow him on Instagram, love the helmets too. Been thinking about getting one, no one in the Oregon dunes rock helmets in utv's

·
Registered
14 Posts
That max is bitchin. I follow him on Instagram, love the helmets too. Been thinking about getting one, no one in the Oregon dunes rock helmets in utv's
Thanks man! Let me know when your ready for a helmet I'll give special pricing for forum members!

·
Registered
680 Posts

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
well i finally manned up and signed up for this forum! it was nice meeting you at olds thanks for posting the pic of my max
You did an awesome job on your Max.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah , That Max is very clean. better looking in person

1 - 18 of 18 Posts