Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking for input on what the best preformance upgrade would be on a 1500-2000 budget, my machine is stock 2013 mav xrs have had no clutch problems. Just looking for input on best way to get to the end of the track faster.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
seems the stm rage 6 , gets u down the line faster ,

ecu reflash with a cat delete and open the intake a lil , not much to be had with intake exhaust but I think with the new reflash they have out there claiming 6+ gains now so we will see ,

plus with clutch putting 6+ more hp to the ground is nice , not gaining 6+hp , just putting more hp to the wheels with a stm ,

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Suspension upgrades may help u more than a few horsepower. But if hp is what u want get that new reflash, new intake , bigger throttle body, and exhaust.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reflash? Is that like a power commander?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
No they reflash the computer, add timing and adjust the fuel, supposed to be good for 6 hp. $500. I think devious powersports offers it

·
Registered
614 Posts
Having new springs and revalving your shocks is the best bang for the buck. I had Don at Thuren Fabrication work his magic, for 900 bucks new springs and revalving. You can check out a few video section .... My XRS shocks revalved by Thuren Fabrication. I have a exhaust, tuner and clutch and the shocks are by far the best mod i have done.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So whats everyones thought on intakes I didn't think there was anything to be gained with an intake? OMC is claiming dyno proven 7hp out of there intake I find that hard to believe, thought I have read somewhere people have taken the whole intake off and dyno'd it and seen no gains?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I believe The omc intake was paired with a reflash and tuner to get those #'s. The stock ECM is what's stopping power increases. You could put allot of $ out there but without unlocking the ECM you will be wasting your time.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with most of the recomendation given above, but you wont get too many PERFORMANCE upgrades on your budget. So you will need to prioritize which of the items listed above are most important to you. Your budget will get you both clutches and thats it. Or you could get just a primary clutch and the shock upgrade. Or the shock upgrade & ECU reflash. Good luck.

·
Registered
707 Posts
People don't understand that there is enough power stock to out drive the suspension as it is. Everyone wanting all this power but it don't mean shit if you can't control your car or put it to the ground. Suspension is definitely the first place you should start, then clutching, then power upgrades as you get more familiar with the bike. Just my $.02

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
People don't understand that there is enough power stock to out drive the suspension as it is. Everyone wanting all this power but it don't mean shit if you can't control your car or put it to the ground. Suspension is definitely the first place you should start, then clutching, then power upgrades as you get more familiar with the bike. Just my $.02

Exactly what I was going to say. Suspension is key. Everyone I've talked to that's done suspension, exhuast, tuners, etc says that suspension was the best money they ever spent.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was going to send the shocks to CT racing and have alex do the valving for 200 does anyone have first hand knowledge if this is a good enough fix or do I need the whole thing at 1200?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I was going to send the shocks to CT racing and have alex do the valving for 200 does anyone have first hand knowledge if this is a good enough fix or do I need the whole thing at 1200?
It really needs to be done completely as a package for the desired best results. If you only can do one of the two, I'd go with the dual rate spring setup that Racer Tech sells. (that's where I'm starting on mine; they should be here any day now! :)
The stock springs are crap, and the dual rates are supposed to make a tremendous improvement.

·
Registered
707 Posts
If I was you I would definitely save up for the complete kit. I was one of the first guys on here asked was working with to get the tunes lined out. I'm telling you right now this is the best money you can spend on your maverick.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
It really needs to be done completely as a package for the desired best results. If you only can do one of the two, I'd go with the dual rate spring setup that Racer Tech sells. (that's where I'm starting on mine; they should be here any day now! :)
The stock springs are crap, and the dual rates are supposed to make a tremendous improvement.
Springs are not going to keep it from bucking. No spring package is going to stop that. That's way we don't offer the springs separately, yes it can make it plusher, yes it will be less likely to bottom but it doesn't remove the dangerous bucking that has totaled several machines. Valve it first and then do the springs if you'you're trying to split it up.
With that being said your 4 seater will be much less prone to bucking but out west in the desert it will buck worse, ask Warlock

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im in the same boat buddy. I dicided to go with Cvtech primary STM secondary tuned in by expert for my ridding for $1344.15 to my door now taking my $655.85 and doing the ECU Flash for listed $500 and have around $145 left after shipping of flash.
ordering Cat Delete next think they run $200-250 with all this your gonna go FASTER.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I Love the stock suspension never had a promblem with it in the mountains I never liked slow technical ridding till I did it with my Mav... But im sure theres always room for improvment mines just not bin an issue only belts and tie rods

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Springs are not going to keep it from bucking. No spring package is going to stop that. That's way we don't offer the springs separately, yes it can make it plusher, yes it will be less likely to bottom but it doesn't remove the dangerous bucking that has totaled several machines. Valve it first and then do the springs if you'you're trying to split it up.
With that being said your 4 seater will be much less prone to bucking but out west in the desert it will buck worse, ask Warlock
Yes, good advise Alex. The valving is definitely my next move. Just saving up the coin, and waiting for you to perfect the valving specs for the Max model. (assuming your are there with it now) What is your charge to do just the service and revalving for all 4 on the Max?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Yeah the Max tune is done. I need to know what rate springs they're using to see if they'll work with my setup. That and I need to know how they're dual rate is setup or when the upper spring is coil binding in the travel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts