change all fluids
neversiezing the hubs and torquing correctly
install schrader valves on shocks and checking pressure
check front and rear alignment, caster, camber
clean my AFE dry filter

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Dang repacking cv ? Where they leaking? I don't think that's something you have to do unless you have a hole in one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see. I have noticed that it's hard to get the cv clean and dry and the boot tight as the factory does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
yeah, they use some heavy duty bands too. It takes alot of rags, rubber gloves and a little finesse to make sure grease is not in the grooves under the boots.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I try to change my cv grease every season too, it's not one of those things I wanted coming apart on me. Although I'm not putting sweepco $$ I've been using redline cv2 I think....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I also like to start the season with a new belt.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its a can am u don't need to do anything to it b4 the season ! :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Pre-season....isn't that in March:smile:

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
do you just check the width on a belt? got any specs?
I just throw a new one on. Checking width doesn't help too much if you've already built up a lot of heat in the belt once before. Just be safe and throw another on. If you have a skid they are a bitch to change on the trail/dunes

·
Registered
998 Posts
Around Jan or Feb I'll replace all bushings, ball joints, radial joints and wheel bearings .. I'm real big on preventative maintenance and I like to know the fact my machine is right for next season .. I hate making repairs on the trail or unexpected break downs

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Add a fresh new rool of Charmin in the glovebox for those emergencies:smile:

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just throw a new one on. Checking width doesn't help too much if you've already built up a lot of heat in the belt once before. Just be safe and throw another on. If you have a skid they are a bitch to change on the trail/dunes
I left the bottom bolts out so its easier.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Maybe change out last seasons beer and replace with brand new:)
You still got beer laying around from LAST season??? That there's alcohol abuse.:crazy:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Changing out all the fluids except engine coolant, throwing on a new belt, greasing all zerk fittings on the suspension with mobil 1 syn grease, and installing a K&N air filter.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
what is belt spec whats to thin ?

brand new is 33mm wide

im at 32.29 - 700 miles

1 - 20 of 24 Posts