Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I decided to final put my K&N filter in and boy was I surprised, I like the good student had put the little pre filter in when I bought my rig. As it came with my new Maverick I thought why not came in the kit I need to install it. Well I don't know if any of you have it installed but when I took out the main filter and then the little as Can Am calls it pre-filter the bottom down in the air filter box below the small pre filter was full of sticky slimy grease oil, this stuff was like melted taffy. The bottom of the filter box had about a 1/4 inch of this stuff, I noticed when I put it in it was pre soaked with the filter oil however I had no ideal there was so much in it. What concerned me was I had always thought that getting oil on the MAS was bad and form the looks of all that oil I am sure my MAS has oil on it, at any rate it took a good 20 min to clean it all out. Just a FYI

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine had the exact same problem and I have read on here that it has been that way for a lot of people.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Same here......get that excess oil out of there. Just an FYI it is called a post filter since it filters "After" the primary filter.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea....wasn't trying to be smart ass but in order to avoid confusion down the rode.......especially since there is a pre-filter you can install as well.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
yea....wasn't trying to be smart ass . Are you sure??? I was thinking maybe you were transformed into that duneraisen guy. :haha: just kidding.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
ouch! Don't make me refer to you as our buddy TXchristopher :shocked:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
oh ya those lil green filters are soaked as shit clean them with gas or cleaner then lightly re oil then re use

·
Registered
698 Posts
mine was the same exact way. Took me a solid 20 mins to get the oil out. You will prob gain 20 hp by gaing more airflow hahah

·
Registered
221 Posts
when i got mine it had so much access oil in the bottom of the box that the engine was trying to inhaile it up into the intake. took an hr to clean the foam fitler and all the oil out of tha dam thing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Samething here.... makes ya wonder wth BRP was thinking !

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The guy that puts those in is probably just dipping them in a bucket of oil and barley ringing them out and dropping in the box.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The guy that puts those in is probably just dipping them in a bucket of oil and barley ringing them out and dropping in the box.
they actually come in a sealed bag from brp soaked already !

all the dealers install them

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine was not installed, it came in a separate bag. I washed it and sprayed it with PJ1 because they used waaayyyy to much oil.... On mine anyways.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Mine was not installed, it came in a separate bag. I washed it and sprayed it with PJ1 because they used waaayyyy to much oil.... On mine anyways.
ya they asked me b4 I picked it up if I wanted them to install it I looked at it and said ill do it later , after I clean it , lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes correction Post Filter and I mainly wanted to warn any new owners not to put that in before cleaning it, all that filter can't be good on the Pressure And Temperature Sensor

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just cleaned mine up.It wasn't real bad but what is that crap,it's like spiderman was fooling around in there.:shocked:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mine was the same way. I found out about it from another member before I took it out for the first ride. I cleaned out the air box and squeezed the excess from the filter into paper towels and put it back in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts