Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have 2018 1000 Trail DPS. It was submerged on the driver side in a lake after dropping about 3 or 4 feet. It was in the water for about 15 minutes. It actually had a small amount of oil on top of the pistons and wouldn't turn over. When I got that taken care of it started to show a PPS fault and went into limp mode. Was intermittent at first, now it is all the time. Battery was new when it happened. Removed the PPS module and cleaned. No change. Touched the battery cables together for two minutes. No change. I have not checked voltage at battery. Was good before the "incident". Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One othere thing. The day after the "incident" I had a CanAm dealer put their computer on it. It was showing a TPS fault that wouldn't clear. I assume that would be the Throttling Positioning Sensor?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think your model does not have a replaceable tps
it is built into the throttle body
this way you have to buy a $400 TB and not a $50 sensor
its bean counting 101....sell expensive parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. So do you think the TPS code would cause the PPS fault message and limp mode?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So funny thing. I decided to remove the airbox to get to the throttle body. I wiggled the wires, still in limp mode. I covered the throttle body with my hand just to the point of killing the engine at ldle four times. The fault went away and it seems to be running good now. If the fault comes back it must be a bad throttle body sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts