Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love all the roll cages, exhaust, etc. BUT can one of you crzy buggers try to bolt on a unisteer or somthing !!!! Thats got to be a good mod?

·
Registered
528 Posts
We are going to try and move it out of our Commander and into the Maverick in the next few days..will let you all know

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
We are going to try and move it out of our Commander and into the Maverick in the next few days..will let you all know
Sweet. This is something I always wanted to put into my Teryx but never got around to it. But I wont lag on this baby! BTW, love the red maverick plastic's

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I saw the unisteer guys at Sema they were upset they could not get a Mav to do their thing. Maybe one of you guys close to them call them and work with them. Maybe win win? I'm not going to lie I really want power steering for where I ride and the sooner the better.

·
Registered
528 Posts
they are one of our Sponsor.. Already had that conversation with them.. we will be moving the unit out of the race car to see how it fits in Maverick and letting them know....from just looking at it, looks to bolt in. Should have an answer shortly.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thx guys this is a must foe me. I'm hoping I can install it the same day we pdi machine if they ever make it up here! Ps for those who have had this aftermarket ps how would you say it compared to factory supplied power steering?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
X2! I will be adding power steering for sure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Most that have driven the 2013 factory PS say that it's a bit overly sensitive and prefer the fill of the aftermarket PS kits.

If it can't play, it can't stay!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I like the factory, my wb had that binding feeling at some points. I believe I read a lot of ppl's did tho!!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
U could feel it bind slightly when the knuckles touched, still so much better than stock. I was thinking about trying to just swap out of my commander and into the Mav maybe this weekend I'll let y'all know

·
Registered
200 Posts
it would be cool if some things would swap right over, then i can just take the wicked built off of my commander before i sell it or trade it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
it would be cool if some things would swap right over, then i can just take the wicked built off of my commander before i sell it or trade it.
Its confirmed...its a straight up bolt in from the Commander to the Maverick...we are passing on the info to Wicked Bilt, the only difference is the length of the tie rod from the Commander to the Maverick(Mavericks is longer of course)

BRP did change the supplier on the OEM racks but the specs are Identical.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you very much, I need to order one now!! So do we need wicked built to make any changes??

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thank you very much, I need to order one now!! So do we need wicked built to make any changes??
I would assume that it should bolt in using the factory tie rods...but I know in the past the Wicked always included thier own HD ties rods...but I think the factory Maverick tie rods will suffice for most.. I hope to talk in more depth with them shortly.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kk thks I will wait to here back from you if you dont mind before I try to order from wicked, Im hoping to install it day 1, I know I want it im the dry steering king!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts