Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed SuperATVs power steering kit last summer.

I was never super impressed with it, although it was definitely improvement over not having power steering. I've always felt my unit was week or under powered.

A neighbor came over a few months ago with a Polaris 900s that he installed a SuperATV PS kit on. What he turned on the key, you could turn the wheels with one finger and very little effort with no problem.

I have a Maverick on 32'' terminators. You still have to put some effort into turning. You cant easily turn the wheel with one hand (let alone 1 finger). It's an improvement over no power steering, but it isn't great. Everyone speaks so highly of these units so I feel like I have a problem.

I don't ride with anyone else who has one of these kits. I'll be going to a ride at a park this weekend for the first time, and I hope to find someone with similar or bigger tires and a EZ Steer kit.

My 1st year on the warranty goes out next month. Super ATV sent me a mile long list of diagnostic information they want. Involves testing resistances with a meter with the wheels on, wheels off, and a few other requests. Was kind of frustrating.

First step is to decided if it really is weak or has a problem.

How strong are your kits?

·
Registered
344 Posts
My factory PS on a 15 turbo is the same, very hard to steer. It is better than no PS but not by much.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mines the 220W. I called customer service when I bought it, and they advised me I didn't need the 400 even with 32'' terminators. I was told the kit was more weight driven for a 4 seater model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts