Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering a SuperAtv power steering unit. I am stoked to install it for a weekend ride we have planned through some technical stuff in Michigans Upper Peninsula. I recently saw someone blew a fuse on ther unit due to ECU problems. My question is: In the event of a power outage is steering functional...Also if it is functional would it be close to stock steering or much harder to wheel. I only ask because I dont want to get out in the bush and have to muscle this thing back for some unheard of reason.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
just take some spare fuses with you and you will be fine....I don't know how much stiffer it would be without power but it is an easy enough test by pulling the red wire and checking....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This is exactly what I am worried about if I install PS.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the super atv unit, and turning the wheel when it isn't running (switch off) doesn't seem to bad, but the re-leaf on my shoulders is worth it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just ordered 3 of these units today, one for me and two of my friends, can't wait to try it up at Ashland WV in 2 weeks

·
Registered
177 Posts
It is like having stock steering, except when you hit a rut or rock it doesn't jerk your arm like stock or feel heavy. which is what i wanted. I didn't want to lose (the feel of the road).

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
SuperAtv's is great. I lost my Pwr steering once on the trail. Somehow one on my wires got pinched. Drove back to truck like stock steering. Didn't blow inline fuse but fuse in the box. Spliced all back together, changed fuse and hit the trails again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I had my commander I he hawed for 2 years before installing a superatv power steering unit. It was hands down the best money spent on any mod I did to it. When the key is off it steered similar to stock. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
15 Posts
I race GNCC with the SuperATV power steering and it is fantastic . The BEST folks to deal with in the industry! Fantastic service and support after the sale! Some of the racers are reporting the BRP steering is overheating. Not us! SuperATV is the only way to go!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I ran a race last month and the power steering failed on me, wouldn't have been bad but I also had the rackzilla quick ratio rack in there. It was hard to steer only because of the fast rack. Super atv was only a phone call away and immediately took care of the problem. Can't say enough about the customer support!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts