Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Maverick DPS 1000r, the steering recently started momentarily locking up when first starting to straighten up out of a hard right turn, usually when making a right after stopping at a stop sign and accelerating, it’s an intermittent problem, I’ve tried switching between the min/med/max DPS modes and it doesn’t seems to make any difference, Shop mechanic drove it and it didn’t do it for him, any ideas on what could be wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our completely stock 2017 XRS max 1000R is acting similar. Feels like the rack binds up periodically then works fine for a bit its very intermittent and I never know what to expect coming into a turn. Some models had a rack recall!

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
How many accessories are you running when it happens? Light bars, stereos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts

Stereo usually on but no light bars in daytime. Weak battery was my first thought but voltage is 12.6 when off and 14.4 when running. Might put a new battery in and add the original one for accessories just to rule it out.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Well I am running two batteries and ever since I added the particle separator and swapped to the ST race rack, I am experiencing the same things you are. But I’m running a 8 speaker stereo system and have light bars, chase lights, Navi, etc. it all works fine until those lights are flipped on then the lower draw overwhelms the stator.

The fix was the ZRP alternator. Pricey but u may look into it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our completely stock 2017 XRS max 1000R is acting similar. Feels like the rack binds up periodically then works fine for a bit its very intermittent and I never know what to expect coming into a turn. Some models had a rack recall!
My issue is when you start coming out of the turn, it just hangs up for a second then it’s back to normal, l haven’t been able to find any recalls for my model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

All l have is the stereo and the street legal kit, l made it a point to not use the turn signal and that didn’t help but haven’t tried turning off the radio.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
My issue is when you start coming out of the turn, it just hangs up for a second then it’s back to normal, l haven’t been able to find any recalls for my model.
Yeah mine progressively gets harder to turn going into or coming out of a turn. I’m still thinking it’s a voltage issue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah mine progressively gets harder to turn going into or coming out of a turn. I’m still thinking it’s a voltage issue

It only happens for a split second but l live in south central Utah (home of the Rocky Mountain Jamboree) and there are a lot of windy cliffy roads, l think my next step will be taking all my electrical connections apart and cleaning them.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
There’s also the E steering systems u may look into but there will be a voltage concern as well. I don’t have the E steer but I hear it’s the shit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There’s also the E steering systems u may look into but there will be a voltage concern as well. I don’t have the E steer but I hear it’s the shit

Thanks for the info, l will look into that if l can’t figure out the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts