Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it is fairly heavy. I would guess 30-35lbs maybe???? It is really rider preference. It will make your ride more enjoyable and you will not be as tired at the ned of a long day but it's not like the Maverick is difficult to drive in the first place unless you are doing a lot of slow speed technical riding.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
21 pounds in the box, my box that arrived had a shipping weight on it. So 19-20 pounds I am sure. Got it installed today and it was a massive difference. Wasn't able to drive it, but even just turning the key on and turning the wheels was huge....amazing the difference.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks every one .thank I will got get it trying keep all my weight down 21 lbs is a lot when you think about it .

·
Registered
293 Posts
Coming from RZR's without power steering the biggest difference for me is the "tire kick" into the steering wheel when you hit rocks etc. Without it every now and then you hit something and the sterring wheel will jerk hard to one side or the other. WITH power steering that has never happened to me.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You are absolutely correct. I had an incident last year when I was going through a tight area and hit a tree trunk that was like 2.5 feet tall and had been cut off. I wasn't going fast so there was no damage, but the wheel spun instantly catching my thumb and I looked down to see my thumb touching my wrist....it had been dislocated. VERY painful, and I was out in the middle of no where so I had to just deal with it. I put it back in....and it ballooned up huge. Very painful ride. The guys here tell me that power steering would have stopped it, so I put it in. That simple...for me it's safety.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have made my mind to get one soon with power steering just got to finger out how to lose some weight with all stuff I want on it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This will be first off road vehicle with power steer had sport quads. . So want to keep as much hp as can

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If your not racing who cares. Power steering is a must have I would never go without it ever again. Even if I was to race I would have it. If I was concerned about the weight I would lose 20lbs. You will never notice the weight difference with or without it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The lose 20 lbs won't work still same weight I was in high school 150 lbs don't gain don't lose at 44 that is not to bad eat everything I want plus still race mx at times with a 450 trx honda

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The lose 20 lbs won't work still same weight I was in high school 150 lbs don't gain don't lose at 44 that is not to bad eat everything I want plus still race mx at times with a 450 trx honda
Must be nice I smell a burger and gain weight. My metabolism is like a turtle. It's sucks, your lucky. Lol

Reactions: heavysledz

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Must be nice I smell a burger and gain weight. My metabolism is like a turtle. It's sucks, your lucky. Lol
I hear ya bother me too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts