Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed SuperATV powersteer 1 week ago today. I am not the most mechanical so install took about 3hrs. Installed sport low harness at same time. I was so giddy from taking a couple hot laps in low with sport mode on I forgot to evaluate P.S.
Took a ride through a 180 acre plowed field behind my house upon first getting maverick. Hard to control but man was it a blast. Did the same today with P.S. amazing control did not cross up my arms one time trying to keep the thing in a straight line. If you wanna spend on an upgrade and dont care about horsepower increase then this one is for you.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yup i would never go without ps ever again. Was the first thing i did.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Got mine bolted on last night, can't wait to wire it up and see. Does the box come centered? I've tried to keep it all straight throughout (wheels,rack, steering wheel) I guess I'll know when I get it going if there is more left or right and just recenter the wheel according to lock to lock.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So what is the best Powersteering kit out there? I have drove my buddies Commander with factory Power steering and hated it. Like you had to fight it back once you turned the wheel almost like it wanted to keep going that way. Is this kit like that?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only give you feedback on my SuperAtv unit. I didnt feel like it was fighting back but high speed turning is definitely a new ball game, fish tails are a breeze to straight line out of and low speed turning no longer requires your arm strength against the terrain.
So what is the best Powersteering kit out there? I have drove my buddies Commander with factory Power steering and hated it. Like you had to fight it back once you turned the wheel almost like it wanted to keep going that way. Is this kit like that?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a little trial and error to center......not to bad though
Got mine bolted on last night, can't wait to wire it up and see. Does the box come centered? I've tried to keep it all straight throughout (wheels,rack, steering wheel) I guess I'll know when I get it going if there is more left or right and just recenter the wheel according to lock to lock.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This is something I want to do this coming off season.My buddy has PS with a quickener and says it's a night and day difference to drive.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had alittle problem with mine.But superatv took care of it instantly.And sent me more parts then I needed to make sure it was taking care of.Great customer service.On of the best company's I've ever dealt with

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am curious what the offseason is in California? It will be so muddy here with our spring thaw that is SLOWLY coming I cant even drive maverick at idle without tearing the crap out of terrain!!!
This is something I want to do this coming off season.My buddy has PS with a quickener and says it's a night and day difference to drive.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There off season is our on season they ride from oct to april cause its just to hot out west to dune ride during the summer months.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am curious what the offseason is in California? It will be so muddy here with our spring thaw that is SLOWLY coming I cant even drive maverick at idle without tearing the crap out of terrain!!!

Our desert season is Oct to April due to the heat, but in Socal we also have other riding options like OHV parks in the nearby mountains, or there are a ton of race tracks to ride on. We also have Pismo beach, but I have never been than far.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Well, got mine powered up last night, couldn't be easier, plugs and ground!
Seems like the box is ok where ever you fasten the splines. I had full lock to lock first try.
The splines on top are fine and allow for small adjustment of the wheel, now I just need to take it down the road to check how straight it is.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
This is from another site, but goes to show ya, not everyone is afraid of a little heat. These are scheduled dates for Glamis. Notice my name isn't on the list.:shocked:
summer trips

Gecko rd pad 3-5

2014 Apri 18 - 21
2014 - May 24 - 26
2014 - Jun 1 3- 16
2014 - Jul 11 1
2014 - Aug 8 - 11
2014 Aug 29 – sep 2 or Sep 9 6 -8 vote on this one
2014 – Oct 10 – 13

ATTENDEES FEEL FREE TO ADD YOU NAME ALL WELCOME

Gecko rd Pad 3- 5
devs rzr