Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2019 Mav Sport RC 1000R, i want to install additional off-road lights. As I used to have a RZR I knew where the power bar was and easy to get to. Where is ,if there is one, on the CanAm.?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have had my sport xrc for a couple of months now and I love it. I just got a light bar installed last weekend. I bought a 42in curved bar from amazon. I got a piece of angle iron from Lowe's and after cutting it and grinding the edges I painted it with truck bed liner then mounted it to the roof on the front two bolts that hold my roof down. It works great and the top of the light bar is lower than the rear portion of the roof so the light wont be the highest thing on my machine. I used a wiring harness from amazon and went under the roof to the rear and down behind the driver's seat and attached it directly to the battery. Then ran the rocker switch along the centerline of the machine under the plastic and up to the vacant hole beside the "Mode" switch. Everything works perfectly! I even bought some marine seat covering and made a cover for the light bar because as much as I love that machine it does sling a TON of mud from head to toe.

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,260 Posts
Power stud location should be same as MavT/MavS sharing most chassis layout features other than variations in engine version and suspension components. Shown is mine using switched power studs and ground for (non-standard accessory) winch I installed last year. I also ran 10/2 tinned and jacketed marine duplex cable unswitched direct from battery through the shifter tunnel to a terminal block on upper center of the "firewall", which powers my Garmin gps plus switched dual USB ports powering my Nexus 9 tablet on which I run proprietary USFS mapping.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a wealth of information and real, hands on experience shared by the membership.
My first suggestion to newbies is to get to know your machine. Quality control is weak at BRP, I personally checked as many bolts that I could find / access and torqued them to spec (spec's can be found in the Shop Manual. My Inspection found 3 bolts missing and many out of torque spec range.
#1 get yourself a Shop Manual, $100+ at the Stealership or $24.95 at this vendor https://brpmanuals.com/ which includes a complete parts list and wiring & electrical schematics.
#2 Grease all 4 wheel bearings. This subject has been covered numerous times. Best method to search for info is: GOOGLE Wheel bearings grease Maverick forum .....

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...j1.......8..46i39i275j35i39j46i39.Qq-st3wMJk8

Enjoy the ride, rubberside down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
On the power stud location there are 3 connections. one is 12V accessory. One is 12V live and the last ground. Does anyone know what size fuse is on the accessory and the live studs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is it possible to wire a 5 pin switch directly to the bus bar located I the center console? I’m looking to wire up some lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
LED lights do not require an extremely powerful power source, from what I know. Just connect it to your car's battery, and it should work. I have installed a strip lights system in my car as I needed an extra light set. I've connected it to the battery, and to be honest, everything works fine. Still, if you do not trust me, you can get in touch with a mechanic or a car electrician. Professionals may provide more detailed and trustworthy advice. Anyway, I really hope you will manage to find a solution to your problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I added an additional battery with an isolator for accessories that is only activated for use with the key switch on. That saves the main battery for the units functions and starting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts