• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how many of you are interested in having an intake developed for the Mav that removes any restrictions to the motor and provides more power and faster acceleration? How many are interested in a drop in Cam that provides more power over the stock cams? I was going to ask Kelly at KMSPerformance to develop both solutions. Kelly is the one who developed the intake on my commander which now outruns my Mav.

Reactions: miller72287

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I personally hate opening up a new motor. I will bolt on parts, but paying someone to modify the internals is not something I am willing to do. A stock motor will always run and give you decent HP.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have done alot of internal mods in the past and it seemed to effected my reliability. So I will be looking for bolt-on mods only. i.e open intake, possibly TB and exhaust. However, I will only do these if they are shown to improve performance. Once the motor is tired and needs rebuilt, then my decision may change.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would also be interested in an intake/bolt on perf parts but with all the differnent types of riding we do, it wouldn't be practical for me to install big cams/valves and such. Even thou I would love to have it in the sand for sure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Me i Want cam, intake, exaust, clutch, high compresion piston, beehive valve spring, lighter rod, stm clutch, etc.... I want 125 hp ;)

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those who don't know Kelly at KMSPerformance and Weller Racing both build quality products that produce power. They don't release junk or poor performance mods. Kelly built the intake that is on my commander which was the key component that allowed it to create the type of hp and torque that has now made it faster than my Maverick. Of course the motor had to be built which now looks like the Mav stock motor with a better cam and ported head. He will build a similar intake for the Mav and a drop in cam (doesn't require you to open your motor up) if there is interest. Jason at Weller Racing has also expressed interest in building products that make the Maverick faster. I'm only interested in mods that add power but reliable power.

·
Registered
124 Posts
what is the difference between drop in cams an not drop in cams ? I am new to can am, I had a rzr xp before so we didn't have 2 kind of cams. Sorry for the probably dum question.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is the difference between drop in cams an not drop in cams ? I am new to can am, I had a rzr xp before so we didn't have 2 kind of cams. Sorry for the probably dum question.
No dumb questions..drop in cam requires not additional mods to fit in the motor. You can drop them in on a rotax motor without opening the head.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What i don't understand is why you need to open the engine to put cam in the head? is it to make sure the valve dont touch the piston ? and can you get more gain from a not drop in cam?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
On bigger cams you have to clearance the head or the cam lopes hit the head but you can make a lot more hp with the bigger cams the drop in only make around 5 rwhp more

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
The Rotax is a pretty easy motor to work on you can have a pistons changed out in about 2 hours I broke a piston on my turbo commander And had to put a new piston in

·
Registered
124 Posts
ok thank you. So i guess im going to go with not drop in cam.. I just receive my stand alone so i don't have to worry about the wire throttle body.. Thank for all the info

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thank you. So i guess im going to go with not drop in cam.. I just receive my stand alone so i don't have to worry about the wire throttle body.. Thank for all the info
U received ur standalone? What about ur wire tb?

·
Registered
124 Posts
i will try dual throttle body with cable and a snowmobile 1200 throttle body . i know the 1200 snowmobile i can bore up to 62mm.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How is that going to work with mav's ecu

1 - 20 of 22 Posts