Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
When running it on the dyno did it cut out at all?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
Btw a few have PM info on the 60 mm TB. You can get the 60 TB for the Mav through Jason at Weller Racing or KMS Performance. You will need to send your current TB in cause it will be matched up with your current electronics. When you get it back you will need to have the dealer reset the TPS using budds (2 mins).

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Well if its Possible take it out and Log some miles with them unhooked to see if it does anything weird. to bad you dont have a local dealer that could also Hook his BUDS computer to it and watch whats happening in the computer. There computer can see everything and mine showed where it was at all RPMs and for how long and just lots of cool Parameters and sensors.
Hey Call Jay at 602 332 5601 and he will tell you what the BUDS can see.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
The Belts on CVTs are not made to spin more than 8500 rpm, and when they do they dont last long. They get all out of shape at high Rpms,remember they are made with rubber.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It will roll out to 8200rpm but power falls off hard at 8000rpm as that is where the blade starts to close.

I have guys on the RZR900 revving it to 9500rpm all day, some even 10500!!!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
It will roll out to 8200rpm but power falls off hard at 8000rpm as that is where the blade starts to close.

Those are built Rzr xp 900 right? Those parallel twins like to rev where as our vtwin makes power at lower rpms and boat loads of torque. I know that brp is making a black box for these units that will raise the rev limiter and remove the speed limiter. Chris at benchmark is also designing an ecu re flash to remove the speed limiter and raise the rev limiter as well. Even with that said I don't think this motor wants to rev beyond 8500 in order to make hp and torque.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Definitely built, a stock one won't last long at 10500! Most guys with a stock engine go +500-700rpm depending on their clutching

·
Registered
5,735 Posts

I know guys are Pushing it that high. But if I remember correctly these clutches are rated max 8500 rpm. Im sure theres some wiggle room but it is ugly when they Explode.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
I took out the mav with the autotune n pc5 this weekend and was very surprised how well the car can run or how poorly it can run. Tuning is very important.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah, the Commander unit goes straight on. We unplugged the stock O2 sensors and so far so good. Going to give USAGUY some time on it and make sure the Engine light stays off and then we'll release it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I want to make sure I understand why a power commander is needed or wanted.
1., It shouldn't be needed for a stock machine correct?
2. It wont give you any improved performance until better intake & exhaust are installed correct?
Once you have an opened up intake & exhaust, Then the use of it is to set your fuel map to the correct AF ratio for the best power.
Is this correct?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
Good to hear. No engine lights?
The engine light came on then went off and then came on but it doesn't effect anything. Matter of fact we took it to the dealer on Sat in El Centro to get the TB tuned and the BUDDs program simply showed the check engine fault code as the CAT disconnected. I tuned the PC5 most of Sat to get it run as well as the stock Maverick after installing the 58 mm TB and K/N intake system. In the end I was able get it back the same performance as the stocker. Now I will add the same intake system to the Maverick that is on my commander. I love how the autotune works and keeps getting better especially if you help it.

You need the PC5 if you do mods to your Maverick, ddd a throttle body, improve air flow, port the head, etc....

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
I want to make sure I understand why a power commander is needed or wanted.
1., It shouldn't be needed for a stock machine correct?
2. It wont give you any improved performance until better intake & exhaust are installed correct?
Once you have an opened up intake & exhaust, Then the use of it is to set your fuel map to the correct AF ratio for the best power.
Is this correct?
correct

·
Registered
528 Posts
The PC5 will also allow a bit more advance in the timing (5 deg I think) which will also allow for more HP gains. Dusty from Dynojet can elaborate.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts