Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up and ask a question. We have a Maverick in here for testing and the Commander unit (part #25-008) goes straight on and works as designed. Our next hurdle is the O2 sensors. It looks like the closed loop area is only up to 16% throttle. In my testing (I have a Commander) I am almost never below 16% throttle so the question is how much emphasis to put into trying to bypass the stock O2 sensors? In closed loop the UTV will run at around 14.7:1 (stoichiometric) which is great for a clean burn and fuel mileage but definitely not the best performance. That being said so far we have not see any real difficiencies in the power curve in this area. On the Spyder (which uses basically same engine and also has 2 O2 sensors) the closed loop area is up to 50% throttle and we offer an O2 Optimizer to allow this area to be adjusted for better performance. This obviously costs more and for the Maverick may not make sense. If you have any input I would love to hear it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
While dunning I use half to full throttle.

How much would it affect off the line performance?

The slower rock crawling guys might bitch about 0to 16% though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Man I'm excited about all the developers really stepping up to try and make the best product possible for the consumer. It really says something you guys coming on here and asking our input. I to am never below 16% throttle and like Mega said only thing would be off the line. Anything to make the throttle that much more responsive would be awesome. On the other hand a good map for us guys that want to let this beast breath would also be ideal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far we have unplugged the stock O2 sensors and the AFR seems stable and no engine light. Not holding my breath though that its this easy!!

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
So far we have unplugged the stock O2 sensors and the AFR seems stable and no engine light. Not holding my breath though that its this easy!!
Well if its Possible take it out and Log some miles with them unhooked to see if it does anything weird. to bad you dont have a local dealer that could also Hook his BUDS computer to it and watch whats happening in the computer. There computer can see everything and mine showed where it was at all RPMs and for how long and just lots of cool Parameters and sensors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our local dealer is really cool and lets us use that tool when needed. Do you know if it shows short and long term fuel trims?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am also interested in how this develop's and improves simple plug & play perform.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If the closed loop area is only good to 16% throttle, then its pointless to keep it! It sounds like it was something to pass emissions, and isn't on par with what's on current cars.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
It would be great to have the auto Tune work on the Maverick like it does on the commander. The real benefit of the PC5 is for the guys who want to add power to Maverick and be able to fully tune fuel to max our mods. If the autotune can't work then we could always just create maps for different riding conditions, old school method..lol

btw if you need to keep the Mav longer than Wed so you can get us the best possible product back to us then let me know and its yours, If you get my commander fuel map tuned..lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Autotune has the ability to work on any unit that utilizes a PCV. Even if closed loop is still intact you can setup your Target AFR table to work around it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
btw if you need to keep the Mav longer than Wed so you can get us the best possible product back to us then let me know and its yours, If you get my commander fuel map tuned..lol
Thanks for that. Just looked at your Commander. Wouldn't fit on the dyno so I drove it around and was able to fix a couple areas that were way off. Should be good to go!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
Thanks for that. Just looked at your Commander. Wouldn't fit on the dyno so I drove it around and was able to fix a couple areas that were way off. Should be good to go!
Wow that quick...you guys are good real good!!! Is my autotune able to take over now and provide the best fuel setup for the mods?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, driving it around the AFR is anywhere from 12.5-13 that I could see so Autotune will be able to make any fine adjustments from there. Damn thing is too fast to drive around in the parking lot!!!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
Yeah, driving it around the AFR is anywhere from 12.5-13 that I could see so Autotune will be able to make any fine adjustments from there. Damn thing is too fast to drive around in the parking lot!!!
Dude that intake was the key. The car now lights up all four tires and those are big horn original 27" tires which are taller than the stock big horn II on the Mav. I knew when you guys got the fuel dialed in that the thing would wake up...lol Post a video of your improvement on the commander forum and watch all the questions come in..lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Quit playing around with the commander in the parking lot and get busy with the Maverick!!!!!!!! LOL JK
Hope we get the same % improvement on the Mav.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So we mapped it stock and with the intake and so far so good as no engine lights by having the O2 sensors unplugged. If someone else would simply unplug their stock O2 sensors and drive it around to verify they do not get an engine light it would be MUCH appreciated. More testing in the morning.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
829 Posts
Nice testing results hopefully in the morning we will see more to confirm what we all are hoping for. Btw the 60 mm TB that is on the commander you can move over to Maverick to create a map for an intake with larger TB. The only TB that will be offered for the Mav will be a 60 mm.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts