Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u got limited slip now !

a QE diff will engage faster other then that ur on your own!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So their is nothing to make it 100% positive traction when put it i 4wd, or does the QE diff do that

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u mean lock the front completely ? no I don't think there is anything out right yet, but a QE stands for quick engage so it locks up faster when needed, stock diff takes 1 of the front wheels 3 turns to lock up - QE takes 1or so turns to lock ! but nothing as of this moment that's locks both front wheels from the start, people were trying to get a company to make a aftermarket locked diff for the mav, but we will see,

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
u mean lock the front completely ? no I don't think there is anything out right yet, but a QE stands for quick engage so it locks up faster when needed, stock diff takes 1 of the front wheels 3 turns to lock up - QE takes 1or so turns to lock ! but nothing as of this moment that's locks both front wheels from the start, people were trying to get a company to make a aftermarket locked diff for the mav, but we will see,
100% correct

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It was a bolt in spool that won't work in out front diffs because they are welded together now. Ether weld it or install qe. Qe let's one tire slip 1/2 revolution and locks up unlike the standard visco unit that lets it turn up to 7 revs before lock up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody, good info. I'm not sure about welding, I do some racing and deep mud riding here in Louisiana and I notice when your flat out on the throttle with the visco it wants to pull u side to Side, and when your knee deep in mud and u need all four tires and you are having to wait for up to 7 revolutions to get the tire going, your other 3 are already digging deeper, outlaws dig fast lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
QE diff was designed to solve you exact problem you describe

Thanks everybody, good info. I'm not sure about welding, I do some racing and deep mud riding here in Louisiana and I notice when your flat out on the throttle with the visco it wants to pull u side to Side, and when your knee deep in mud and u need all four tires and you are having to wait for up to 7 revolutions to get the tire going, your other 3 are already digging deeper, outlaws dig fast lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do the QE diff. I did it in my 11 commander X & it helps a lot!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Where can I order one from and how much are they??
eBay used 400-600 or dealer 1200

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Diffs from the Renegade quad with EPS are the same unit. The only difference is the oil drain plug location that may or may not be an issues on the Mav as the frame is done in tubing unlike the square frame on the Commander. I got mine for $340.00 shipped off ebay for my Commander.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I got ya, just got off the phone with the dealer, I wonder if anyone has ordered one for the maverick yet and know for sure it works and what part number they ordered?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ok I got ya, just got off the phone with the dealer, I wonder if anyone has ordered one for the maverick yet and know for sure it works and what part number they ordered?
Yeah, it works in the Maverick. Got a couple of guys around here running it in their's now.
Complete front QE diff #705401077 $790.77
QE internals #705400822 $661.48
Shims #703500050 $61.84

1 - 16 of 16 Posts