Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over on rzr forums and could not believe how much they talk about the maverick over there. I also can't believe how much buyers remorse there is in the xp1k, there is a thread that reads "post your rzr xp1k problems here" it's 52 pages long! So today I'm thankful for my can am, I'm thankful that I have very minor clutch problems and weak tie rods and visco lok, I just couldn't imagine having that poopoo and issues with most everything.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like knowing the money i spend is on extra stuff i want, not stuff i need to keep it running. LOL

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just shrieked when I saw the price of the xp1k. I can honestly say I would not spend that kind of money on one. I have always been a Polaris guy but I just purchased a 1000r and can't wait to go pick it up. I paid $12,500 for it and that is a bunch less money for a better machine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just shrieked when I saw the price of the xp1k. I can honestly say I would not spend that kind of money on one. I have always been a Polaris guy but I just purchased a 1000r and can't wait to go pick it up. I paid $12,500 for it and that is a bunch less money for a better machine.
Yeah, take the $7,500 you saved and have one kick ass bike with all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
You got to admire their blind stupid loyalty. The xp900 blows motors n they are denied a warranty claim but they still throw 22k down for a new xp1k....wow

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
when I need a good laugh I go over there for a lil bit lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Reminds me of people who bought a Ford 6 liter diesel that left them stranded several times and then turn around and buy a 6.4 or 6.7, I will never get that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The 6.7 has nothing in common with the 6.4 or 6.0 which were made by Navistar (International) The 6.7 was designed by an engineering firm (AVL) in Austria (same place as our Rotax engines) and built by Ford themselves. To compare the 6.7 to earlier diesels in Ford pickups is like comparing the Rotax to the Popo engines.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Polaris is indeed fortunate to have such loyal fanboys buying their junk and making them billions. I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank. Its the follower mentality. Takes somebody with balls to go against the grain.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The 6.7 has nothing in common with the 6.4 or 6.0 which were made by Navistar (International) The 6.7 was designed by an engineering firm (AVL) in Austria (same place as our Rotax engines) and built by Ford themselves. To compare the 6.7 to earlier diesels in Ford pickups is like comparing the Rotax to the Popo engines.

Fords best motor to this day is by far still the 7.3 diesel !!

·
Registered
640 Posts
And is what is in my 2003... had the option to get the newer engine but wanted to stay with the tried and true 7.3 !

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
791 Posts
If anyone knows of a mint 2002 or 2003 CC/SB or extended cab/SB 4x4 7.3 for sale let me know, my kid is look looking for one for his first truck. Budget 12 - 18 k

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Wow, went from talking about poopoo's to Fords. My 6.4 runs awesome, had it for 6 years. You can do more mods ( tunes-bolt on's etc..) to that motor than any other ford motor built by International. In time we"ll see what becomes of the 6.7. I enjoy going to the rzr forum for a few laughs here and there. I've been with can-am since 07 and I'll stay with them.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I had all 3 diesels there all great chevy needs to make a straight axle option !

yes I luv my no emissions crap not even a cat from the factory on my 7.3 - lol

but ya all these new diesel motors r powerful and quiet ,. just all the emissions crap they to do us, lol

cummins will always be a tq monster

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im gonna have to check out the razor forum / thats why i didnt buy one over rated/no warranty.. and the rz1000 is way to big know..defeting the whole purpose. if i want big i break out the bronco... and yes bought my 7.3 for resale value.. 02 excursion/bronco still worth 18k.. I think we made a good choice with the maverick

1 - 20 of 181 Posts