Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Have you bent/broken/replaced tie rods?

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Reality and perception are interesting.

I just took a look at this pole and there are 118 voters

What is 118 out of total Mav,s production run. I understand not everyone on the forum but thats mute point as we all no people complain more than praise.

Im sorry i have no idea how many of these things may be running around in service.

·
Registered
156 Posts
and how many just aren't saying anything even though theirs are broken or replaced.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chippy 2nd guy did'nt post his break double your numbers...............

Since my heads up my ass and you spout theres tons of posts about the tie rods being to weak. Lets see whose smarter?

How many Mav,s produced running around out there all different types of terrain,s and drivers?

Next

How many actual numbers reported broke tie rod?

Im betting the number of "broken" les than 1%

I think if anybody did some actual research and collected stats i would look more intelligent than you in this debate

That being said, too bad for your bad luck and glad nobody got hurt. I have been stranded and had to walk out of the bush with my wife in tow, but i think your taking a bad luck circumstance to far saying its a Mav defect. Shit happens dude.

Hey Chippy, i respect your position on the topic and your point is well taken but my story and experience gives me 2 case scenarios with in one week of each other tie rods snapping and causing more damage to the bike than just the fuse functioning as designed. If the design of the vehicle is to fail and cause collateral damage to parts not designed with fuses and/or is flawed to where a re-call is necessary validates a conversational interaction about what we as responsible UTV owners will deal with. I can feed back to others what lies ahead for them and head off more MAVERICK's broken on the side of the trail, I believe that is why your small percentage of breaks is still not justified and i believe more guys that ride don't type as much as they ride so don't reflect on your chart. I'm glad to hear more people are being told about the TIE ROD issue and you have'nt even touched on the diffrence between 2013 models and the 2014. My understanding is this was a engineering altering of the TIE ROD to being HOLLOW in 2014 - correct me if I'm wrong my position dose not change. The engineer's that put this UTV together are the BEST!!!!! We just need the tools and equiptment to make it home after experiencing what they can really do after the facts stated here.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Call me crazy, but the 1 and only time I let someone else drive mine(other than the guy who set up my clutch) he went about 100yrds, and hit a rock. Bent the wheel all the way into the caliper. Bent tie rod and a arm also. I replaced the wheel and brake line. That was at the 5hr mark. Still running it now with 60hrs on it. If you hit something hard enough to do that much damage and it doesn't brake it's strong enough. With that said, for the ones that broke without hitting anything substantial, I would guess that there were bad batches of metal in those few, cause some of us have rode the piss out of them with 0 problems other than self inflicted.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I just don't understand why we are still talking about this topic. Literally every aftermarket manufacturer makes them for EVERY SXS. If you can afford a maverick you can afford a set of tie rods. I understand in a perfect world BRP would make them stronger, but it would just cause other problems from their standpoint. Most of us knew this was an issue long before we even took delivery of our mavericks. Quit saving the world and go ride!.................Do I sound like Mega?................BTW Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. :)

Reactions: Clifs maverick
61 - 66 of 66 Posts