Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot all about this picture I took while at the dealer when I bought my Maverick. I asked the dealer about it and he said that is how they are. Wondering if it really came like that or the dealer had an incident with it and "fixed" it? Looks like quality to me on a 20k machine!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ive never seen one like.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would say dealer cover up. You would think if it came from polaris like that, any reputable dealer would have sent that back to polaris before they uncrated it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was thinking too. The other side was against a wall so I couldn't see it to compare wish I could have.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If you look at the two bolts just below it there scratched up like someone had a wrench on them also

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
If you look at the two bolts just below it there scratched up like someone had a wrench on them also
I think it has aftermarket doors

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
That looks like a cover up. Mine has some spots where the welding material dripped down and they missed it. But the welds do not look anything like that. I would hope nobody takes delivery of it in that shape.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
looks more like RTV with paint on it than a weld to me... Caulking and paint make a welder what he ain't! If that's the case, I'd hate to see what the weld itself looked like!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts