Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my rzr, I bought this Tusk storage bag/ice chest. Last night I was looking at putting it in my new maverick, I noticed if I took the "lock and ride fasteners apart I could wedge the rubber piece in the linq hole. 4 of the holes lined up almost perfect to hold the bag down. There are only 3 fasteners pictured. I'll have to look around my shop to find the 4th one. The lock and ride pieces are pretty secure in the linq holes, I imagine the plastic rack would break before the would move or pull out. I've never seen the linq pieces but read they where pretty pricey to buy. these fasteners are the Tusk brand ones that came from rocky mountain with the bag. you can pick them up by themselves for pretty cheap to.
20140115_205221.jpg 20140115_205101.jpg 20140115_203942.jpg

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
This looks like a good discovery....let us know if you have long term success with them holding.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This looks like a good discovery....let us know if you have long term success with them holding.
I think they will hold never had a problem with them in my rzr and they fit much looser in the rzr holes then they do in the linQ holes.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If it makes you feel better (or if you're cheap) you can get some 1" rubber boat plugs and replace the T handle with an eye bolt.

Just to clarify Can Am guys, BOAT plugs. Not butt plugs. ;)
someone say butt plugs ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just wanted to let you know you'd probably have to go to the store to get some parts before you got too excited about the project lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
But that get in the way of my cooler!

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But that get in the way of my cooler!

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.
It's 3 bags connected the middle is storage for my extra belt, tools, bubba rope, snatch block, etc. Outside 2 are ice chests not very big you can get a 12 pack in each side with some ice. On river rides my buddy with a rhino always brings his huge yeti in his rhino.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Never leave home without it.. lol

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts