Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the qe lock in 100% like the rhino and T4?

Will the qe spin both fronts if they both are off the ground?

Will the qe be better or worse for dunes?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You won't need a qe in the dunes or wide open desert because you are going at a fast pace. Qe benefits guys on the trail,rocks & mud. I don't have any experience in deep mud but I do in the rocks. In my Commander I noticed it most when I had one wheel of of the ground, it would spin until the visco engaged & the tire on ground with traction would grab and immediately pull it to that side. So if the front left tire was off of the ground, when the visco finally engaged sometimes it would throw the vehicle to the right no matter if the wheels were turned or not. And when you have a cliff or drop of on that side it could be bad news. I've had a few near misses in my Commander and will invest in a qe & p/s for my Maverick.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
QE means quick engagement. It is still a limited slip, but it only takes 3/4 of a turn to engage, instead of 3 or 4 revolutions. Since it engages so quick, you need power steering with it. I wouldn't want it in the sand.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, so for me the quicker engagement is not worth the $1300.

If it was an electric locker like my T4 then I would do it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
QE means quick engagement. It is still a limited slip, but it only takes 3/4 of a turn to engage, instead of 3 or 4 revolutions. Since it engages so quick, you need power steering with it. I wouldn't want it in the sand.
3 OR 4 TURN MY ASS. More like 30 or 40.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah couldn't get my "visco lock" to work well in Glamis. Front end seemed to spin the tire with less traction. Hmm maybe I didn't let it spin enough. : )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts